Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like yugioh or magic (CURSE YE POKEMON LOVERS MAY YOU BE FOREVER DAMNED IN HELL!)....or any others, just a thought that came up really.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok what do you mean by special?

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
by special you mean something good that only you dont have

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yup, been playing Magic for quite for a while. I have an awesome Necrodeck (Type I), Turbo-Stasis deck (Type I), Mono White Control (Type I), R/G Land Destruction Deck (Extended), and a Psychatog (Extended)

I wouldn't say I'm tournament caliber yet, but I've definitely been more then a match for a lot of people I know who regularly play.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i play magic and i have a killer squirill deck and i also play lotr

·
Registered
128 Posts
in abouyt half a year i came up witha usm of like 5k+ cards...had a FAST elf deck...i mean, we talking chance of being able to generate ten mana by turn 4...had a green/white enchantment...like only 5 loses to this day..a burn deck, very fast, very lethal, and my best ever deck:blue/black, made you return cards to your hands and then made you dicard them, along with a megrim, this was very lethal. o yea and not to mention the 4 abbysal specters attacking you like every turn..oo..i need to play again sometime....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well Wulfenbach, I'm glad that you asked. It's awesome because the tournaments affect the storyline, pretty much like EoT for Warhammer. The art is awesome, the gameplay rocks and if you want to know about the gameplay just go to www.l5r.alderac.com for some info. Also, the players are all IMO very friendly and will help you out if you want to start playing. When I started someone gave me an entire deck to keep and mess around with, which is one of the reasons why I keep up with the game.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Tomoyasu, you don't "keep up" with l5r anymore. You stopped going to tournaments and stuff. Lazy *****. Get me into l5r and then stop playing. And you should probably mention that your board name is derived from l5r. Or not.

I also play l5r, and it has quite a few similarities to warhammer, in that there are different factions in the game which you play (The eight different human clans plus Nezumi and Shadowlands). People are really faction-loyal, which leads to less cheesiness in deck design and more fun all around. L5r players also, like Tomoyasu said, are very friendly and usually support newbies very well.

As far as gameplay goes, if you've ever played magic it is just as fun, if not funner, but is a different kind of fun. Because of the various factions you will see at least 10 different decks in the competitive scene at any one time, which leads to more variety in opponents. Plus the storyline is very good; if you are interested go to www.legendofthefiverings.com , which i think is the same site that Tomoyasu posted the link to and look under "fiction" for a basic understanding of the story.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm just waiting for Diamond to come out Gutzdreg. You don't really need to tell me stuff here unless it is beneficial to the other people, cause you can just talk to me at school. Jeeze.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Play Magic myself. Have a killer Zombie deck. NO ONE has beaten me to this day. My friend also has a legend deck, in which he has Phage and Akroma, the two legends from Onslaught. I still brought him down with my zombies thou...... :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Originally posted by kommissar karls kadians@Oct 5 2003, 02:33

i didnt realise there was a lotr card game
yah there is but the tournys died out were i live. the game consisted of to parts the fellowship and shadow you have to have an equal part of bothin in your deck. the way the game works is to move along a site path and make it to sit 9 or to kill/corupt frodo it was a prety cool game but long for a card game about 45 minutes a game.

·
Registered
128 Posts
ah zombies no problem...just burn em and remove em from the graveyard..easy as that. (with my new and working anti-zombie deck :) ) and a legen deck...to easy...lets say tsabo tavoc's...can kill most legends off very fast...and so can many other spells....but it sure is hard to stop a 48/48 yavimaya enchantress with flying, tramble, first strike, attacking doesnt cause to tap, prevent all damage that would be delt to her, and whenever she deals damage, i gain that much life. ph33r the wrath of enchantments!!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Originally posted by Zeph@Oct 14 2003, 19:49
ah zombies no problem...just burn em and remove em from the graveyard..easy as that. (with my new and working anti-zombie deck :) ) and a legen deck...to easy...lets say tsabo tavoc's...can kill most legends off very fast...and so can many other spells....but it sure is hard to stop a 48/48 yavimaya enchantress with flying, tramble, first strike, attacking doesnt cause to tap, prevent all damage that would be delt to her, and whenever she deals damage, i gain that much life. ph33r the wrath of enchantments!!!!!
hmmm i have i counter for that unsumon hahaha it goes bakc in your hand and all the enchantments fall off then if you play it agin counter spell meanwhitle i have hourds of squirels out with coat of arms lets see easly 8 squirels so coat of arms gives them all +7/+7 making them all 8/8 s and lets just throw in an overrun just for fun so what does that bring us to?and i almost for got the squirel mobs so lets see just 1 mob is 2/2 then +8/+8 for its own ability (gets +1/+1 for each other squirel in play) then another +8/+8 for the coat of arms then +3/+3 and trample with overun. and last but not least my infinet creater combo earth craft (enchantment, tap an untaped creature you control untap a land you control) and squirel nest (enchant land, enchanted land gains: tap put a 1/1 squirel token into play). and yes i do have all the cards listed above

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.