Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Awake O Dead,
for there can be no rest for ye beneath the earth.
Let the splintered bones burrow from the grave pall.
Let cold fingers grip time-worn blades,
and unseeing eyes survey the fields of slaughter.
For your time has come once more.
And the dead shall walk."

Thought I'd throw up a log to show off my new army, and to keep me motivated.
2400 points Vampire List:

Painted & Based, Painted,Not Painted

Lords

Vampire Lord - Barded Nightmare, Heavy Armour, Ogre Blade, Talisman of Preservation, ToTS, Red Fury, Quickblood, Lvl 4 - 535

Heroes

Vampire - Barded Nightmare, Sword of Swift Slaying, Heavy Armour, Shield, Red Fury, Dawn Stone, Level 2 - 262

Wight King - Barded Steed, Nightshroud, Shield, Luckstone - 155

Necromancer - Dispel Scroll - 90

Core

5 Wolves - XX

5 Wolves - XX

28 Skeletons - Full Command - 170

34 Ghouls - Ghast - 350

Special

12 Black Knights - Full Command, Barding, Lances, Banner of Swiftness - 357need one more box

Rare

Varghulf - XXX

Terrorgheist - XXX

Total - 2399

+ 50-60 Zombies for raising. Currently 25 painted.

edit: For those wondering about the unrelated comments below, I removed the old pictures from this post!

·
Registered
783 Posts
They're looking good :)

Some comments (although these are just my opinions):-

. Not sure on the glowy eyes for the skellies... it just looks...wrong, to me at least. I guess because it clashes with the general dirty/grimy look they've got going.

. I'd also be tempted to go for a different colour instead of black, I personally think they just look boring like that... perhaps you could go with brown, say to represent leather? Or cheap robes?

Snow bases seems like a cool idea though :) You could also try adding rust to the metal bits of your knights/skellies ;)

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Everything looks pretty good so far!

The glowing eyes... They look alright, but would it be worth having some of the glow spill past the eye sockets? Just a very light drybrush of a pale blue could improve the look, but if you're already happy with what you have no need to go any further.

I think snow basing would look alright. Were it my army I'd probably do gravel basing with patches of snow, not pure snow, but as it's not my army you can do what you want with it.

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
Dead stars comment on the eyes is a good one. With snowy bases blue eyes can look good tying the model to the base. The black does look a bit dark and flat. Perhaps a really dulled down colour on the shields and some of the cloth maybe a dark red washed down with Devlan mud a couple of times would give some more depth to those areas. Other than that it's a good start. I like the use of random models for spirit hosts. My dead legion for my WotR army are going to be similar.

Looking forward to seeing more.

A

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So lots of new stuff! Well, not really :p

I've updated my list in the original post, as well as taking the army in a new direction in terms of colour and basing.

There'll hopefully be some more frequent updates now also!

Enjoy!

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
That's a really nice colour scheme you've gone with, I like it!

Also, that wolf... It's not a Games Workshop model, it is? Looks very realistic and I don't remember the Dire Wolves ever looking quite that true to life...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I'm half way now through the Terrorgheist, but nothing interesting to show yet.

I've also cut the Skeleton legs off a black knight, so I can still use the Barding. And made a start on my Vampire Lord conversion!

I'm in two minds as to whether I should fill the corrosion in the barding in or not.

And yeah, I'm aware Vamp. Lords can't be on Skeletal Steeds, but I'll ALWAYS be running him with Black Knights, so this way he fits in much better (plus I don't need to go searching for another horse model... ;) )

Anyway, anyone got any opinions so far? I'm thinking of perhaps adding a cape, but I'm not too sure...

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
No Capes!

That aside he might actually look pretty good with one, but he already looks pretty good as is. Nice green stuff work so far :)

And personally I like the corrosion look - gives more of an air of an ancient battle-scarred vampire, but if that's not the look you're aiming for feel free to cover it up.

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
You know what this cape needs? That's right, another cape. Who would dare challenge a Vampire wielding TWO capes, I know I wouldn't.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm, so I'm struggling to get the GS at the top of the cape to blend smoothly into the plastic cape.

Now, either liquid GS will help with this, or I should sculpt some fur at the top of the cape, though I'm scared that may come across as a little WOC-esque?

Any opinions guys? :)

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
Hmmm, so I'm struggling to get the GS at the top of the cape to blend smoothly into the plastic cape.

Now, either liquid GS will help with this, or I should sculpt some fur at the top of the cape, though I'm scared that may come across as a little WOC-esque?

Any opinions guys? :)
Fur is cool, maybe even make it as feathers? WoC haven't cornered the market on fur so do what you want.

1 - 20 of 312 Posts