Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im partway into a game and have yet to use my CoS, but a thought occured to me. Does light of death effect units in combat? Or does it work like shooting, effecting those out of combat. I couldn't find anything other than all units are effected while in LoS and it cannot be used if the casket is in combat. Thanks for clarifying before hand.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Units in combat have line of sight to nothing by their opponet directly infront of them. Therefore units in combat do not have line of sight to the casket.

Will

·
Registered
92 Posts
Will beat me to it. The unit's LoS is effectively blocked by the enemy for being in combat, they're too busy focusing on the wave of bone and steel bearing down on them to see what's going on with the casket.

As Will has already answered Brandpwn's question, I'm going to bogart this thread with my own casket question. In midpoint games (~2000), how vulnerable is the casket? What you do to protect it from anti-war machine units and such?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
As with everything else, it can be a gamble. Against anything that randomizes against the Casket and the Guards/Priest, you should be alright. Against things like cannons, well, either take them out fast with Swarms, Scorps, or Carrion, or give the casket priest a ward.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Spector is on the money here.

I always use the casket and against Balistic skill shooting it is pretty safe, you are randomising twice before you hit the LP. However, as with all war machines (because of a loop hole in the rules) they are very suseptable to other war machines, as all hits are against the crew.

However it must be remembered that this is only really a problem against Empire and Dwarfs, and you should have taken their cannons out with carrion, scorpions, swarms by turn two at the latest anyway, turn one with carrion if possible.

Also, just because The CoS is an easy target for war machines, does not mean your enemy will use it against them, especailly if your chariots/Tomb Guard are surging forwards.

Will

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Also, beware of Pit of Shades. While it can't kill the Casket, it can eat the Liche Priest who is manning it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is another question, can the Casket work IF its engaged in hand to hand, and would it affect the Unit that is engaged with ?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Indeed, the LP and CG act just like other WarMachine crew, so are unable to operate when in combat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Whaaaaaaaatttt!!!!

"Also, beware of Pit of Shades. While it can't kill the Casket, it can eat the Liche Priest who is manning it."

Sorry guys, i'm a TK noob and ii have to ask: Which army has this spell?!?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
can the preist cast normal incantations as well as the casket?
Yes. The Casket is not Cast by he Priest, he makes it work, but it is treated as a totally new incantation. Also note the Casting order, the priest at the Casket wil likely not go at the same time as the casket. Casket Priest -> Other Priests -> Hierophant -> Casket of Souls, thats your order.

can you man the CoS with another liche preist?
If you wish to yes, but generally its just a waste of points to have a Priest waiting in reserve to take over incase the first dies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts