Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This army list is for use along side a Space Marine army in an apocalypse game against
a massive Ork WAAGH! lead by Gazkull Thraka. My force is charged with eliminating him
and the other ork leaders while the space marines do the rest. My list has also been built to be an assasination force purely for killing alien bugs and assassinating ultra dangerous enemy leaders and elite squadrons. Note: the assasin squads are using Officio Assasinorum Execution Force rules from a data sheet found on GW website. Anyways heres my list:

HQ
Command Squad Dragoon 215 points
Colonel 'Steel Eye' Samba (using straken's rules)
2 flamers
Medic
Standard
Body guard

Elites
Elimination Squad Alpha 315 points
3 Vindicare Assasins

Elimination Squad Beta 285 points
3 Eversor Assasins

Troops
Demolition Squad 'Flashbang' 115 points
10 Veterans
3 Grenade Launchers
Demo charge

Demolition Squad 'Concussion' 115 points
10 Veterans
3 Grenade Launchers
Demo charge

Sniper Squad 'Suppresion' 115points
10 Veterans
3 Sniper Rifles
Foward Sentries

Sniper Squad 'Longshot' 115points
10 Veterans
3 Sniper Rifles
Foward Sentries

Grenadier Squad 'Gungho' 130 points
10 Veterans
3 Meltas
Carapace Armour

Grenadier Squad 'Slag' 130 points
10 Veterans
3 Meltas
Carapace Armour

My tactics are to keep my Vindicares in the very distance hidden in cover at the back of the board with my sniper vets just a bit closer to the ork frontlines but also under cover. Next I will put my melta vets on the sides of the force with one melta unit on each side. I will then place my Command squad and demo squads at the very front of my force forming a battle line. My Eversor assassins shall be just behind the command squad in cover. This should make my army form a rough circle like shape in my deployment zone. In the game I’m just going to sit there and hold the battle lines while my snipers pick of Gazkull’s unit and my vindicares use their mass fire special rule on Gazkull causing 3 of the orc units to take a pinning test each turn I shoot with them. If Gazkull comes in a vehicle then I will throw my melta vets at it and destroy it to bits. When Gazkull gets close I will keep snipeing at his unit and my melta vets if have not done so will close in just with in range so they can shoot at Gazkull too. I will also throw my demo charges at his unit and grenade his unit a lot. If Gazkull comes into combat I will charge at him with Colonel Samba, the 3 eversor assassins and all the vet squads I can muster for a really big furious charge. If Gazkull makes it through all that then my snipers will bring him down. I will try to do the same to the other ork HQs but Gazkull is my number 1 priority. I will also use my melta vets to try and kill the ork stompa as well but as before I’m there to kill Gazkull.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
how many points and i woudd take marbo too. he's a nasty piece of work and an essential for every catachan force ^^.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The point value is 1500 points for me so if I put my force together with the space marine player it makes 3000. Unfortunatly I can't have Marbo as I've already gone
over the set points limit. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
take out some bodygaurds (he's not really necessary) and a medic and give the squad some camo cloacks for increased protection. Also do you really need straken? he's not that helpful especially when you want more shooting than close combat. plus marbo is better much better in shooting and is more of the close combat monster that your aiming for against MC etc.

Also mustnt you have an inquisitor to sue assassins? so you haven't counted the cost correctly yet and the points cost to use them as a squad. plus ( i don't think they mind ) you can only use one ( but for house rules who cares! )

Personally i would drop the snipers, catachan are all about up close and in your face fighting and you have your assassins ready to snipe. your catachans also don't need the carapace armour, because they may be in cover and against orks. carapace or not you won't last long in close combat. so i would suggest more melta guns and flamers.

plus you may want to give the CCS melta guns or plasma, because i wouldn't risk them going near CC against orks.

also are you prepared to turn any of your vets into infantry platoons? if you do, expect to sacrifice 2-3 veteran squads atleast. any chance of tanks as well?

Hope my advice helps!

thanks
antique_nova

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.