Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regards, I am thinking an army based on the cavalry does, it is a mixture of units that I like and powerful in game.

The list does not stop convincing me completely so I ask for help to other general elfs, n_n.

That I must change?, since I round it?.
Other units?

Thanks

here is the fist list

CHARACTERS
Prince:
Dragon Armor, + barded elven steed + Shield
Sword of might + Gaunlets of Temakador + sacred inciense

Noble:
Heavy armour + Barded elven steed + Shield
Blade of sea gold

Dragon Mage of caledor:
2 dispel Scholl

BASIC

5 archers
5 archers

SPECIAL
10 dragon princes:
complete command

9 dragon princes (The general goes here)
complete command

7 Silver Helms (The noble goes here)
complete command

8 Ellyrian reavers

RARE
Great Eagle

Total = 1965

The plan i have in mind is the next.
The 2 units o Dragon princes charge the most dangerous units of the enemy or vulnerable to fail a check of leadership.
The dragon mage protecs one flank and next charge the flank of a unit engaged with a unit of your cavalry.
The silver helms will try to charge to the enemy cavalry (i hope they can defeat the enemy thanks to the noble and her sword).
The reavers protects the other flank and try to make a simultaneus charge for the flank with other unit of cavalry.
The great eagle is for defeat enemy cannons o hunting mages.

pd:Sorry for my english T_T

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
CHARACTERS
Prince:
Dragon Armor, + barded elven steed + Shield
Sword of might + Gaunlets of Temakador + sacred inciense
Only S5 attacks, even on the charge. I would give him lance instead TBH, although Sword of Might is a cheap magical weapon I suppose. You want this model to take down opponents that your DPs will suffer against - I would really opt to take the star lance if I could on this model.

Why a Prince as well? A Noble is possibly mroe cost effective unless you really want to use that magical allowance for the tastier magical items.

Noble:
Heavy armour + Barded elven steed + Shield
Blade of sea gold
Again, not boosting strength. I would pick some more buffy items e.g. enchanted shield + sacred incense, and give him a lance. If you are concerned about close combat, a character on foot can take a Great weapon...

Dragon Mage of caledor:
2 dispel Scholl
Very expensive scroll caddy - and not enough - I would buy 2 level 1s and make them both scroll caddies instead. That way you are not wasting a Dragon.

BASIC

5 archers
5 archers
You can't do this - minimum unit size is 10

SPECIAL
10 dragon princes:
complete command
10 DPs is a waste of a rank - pare down the unit to 6 or possibly 7 (though then you are missing attacks when you charge)/ Also - why bother with a full command if you don't take a nice banner (Arcane protection, Ellyrion, Lion Standard, Std of Balance etc)

9 dragon princes (The general goes here)
complete command
See above

7 Silver Helms (The noble goes here)
complete command
Reduce the SH to only having a champion TBH - you don't really want to be charging front of units with a relatively weak WS4 unit. These boys should be supporting DP charges

8 Ellyrian reavers
8 is a big unit for fast cavalry. Reduce to 6 and you STILL have to take 2 casualties before you panic, and its more efficient

RARE
Great Eagle
I'd get two or even 3 at 2K, as you need to ensure that you can force opponents to break out of their battle-lines.

Total = 1965

The plan i have in mind is the next.
The 2 units o Dragon princes charge the most dangerous units of the enemy or vulnerable to fail a check of leadership.
There are some armies with no weak or fail Ld check units. IronBreaker blocks will eat your DPs alive, as will Chaos Warriors if attacking from the front without a significant advantage like teh characters you are fielding.

The dragon mage protecs one flank and next charge the flank of a unit engaged with a unit of your cavalry.
There are chepaer ways to protect a flank than a Dragon like White Lions or Phoenix Guard, and a Chariot could do the same job in terms of charging attacks for cheaper.

The silver helms will try to charge to the enemy cavalry (i hope they can defeat the enemy thanks to the noble and her sword).
Ok, I see the reason for taking the sword -fair enough, but you need to pick some favourable charges - remember that enemy cavalry is almost always at least WS4 in human armies, and even WS5 in other armies.

The reavers protects the other flank and try to make a simultaneus charge for the flank with other unit of cavalry.
I'd use them to harrass, turn flanks, get enemy units out of position, anything EXCEPT charge unless you want to hit a large block that won't kill the Reavers too easily...(the low armour and toughness could give away combat res and lose you a combat which you could otherwise have won...)

The great eagle is for defeat enemy cannons o hunting mages.
If you think you need one for this, then bring 2 at least just in case...

All in all, and interesting army, but rememebr that against many foes (udnead, demons, stubborn units) just shoving your hardest units into the opponent's equivalents is a sure way to lose. I would really take a reasonable missile force as if you fielded 2 bolt throwers, the enemy would HAVE to do something about them, or lose lots of expensive troops (50 points in a single shot against ultra-heavy cavalry, lots of wounds off Dragons etc etc) allowing you to pick on relatively unsupported units.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.