Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think would be the best race for a cavalry army in fantasy that would have a decent chance to win battles. Any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Bretonia..if you want elite awesome knights then Bretonia is your man (or army whatever..)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I meant aside from brentonnia. Can't spell it damn.

·
Consumate professional
3,514 Posts
someone should run an all cavalry army campaign, see for certain lol I dont have the HoC army book but could you have an all cavalry chaos list? Chaos Knights and a whole heap of marauder horsemen?

·
Festo Diata
962 Posts
Vampire Counts have no chariots to speak of, although Tomb Kings rely heavily on Chariot Warfare...

Your best bet is definitely Bretonnia for cavalry strength, but as for different effects, I would have to go for Chaos Knights. They're tough as nails, strong, and very fearsome. Plus, the modeling capability is a treasure trove.

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,847 Posts
What about Dark Elves (hey- no scoffing!) They have great light cav, with xbows or spears, plus good heavy cav in the cold one knights. Also fear causing, scythed chariots- handy!! And all their heroes can be mounted.

·
I am a free man!
4,979 Posts
Too bad you're automatically discounting Brettonia, as, well, that is THE CAVALRY ARMY. You will not find a better army for cavalry, I promise you.

That said, all other suggestions are reasonable, so I'll just add in, for variety's sake, that you shouldn't overlook Orcs and Goblins. Both Orcs and Goblins have chariot units, and the army itself is just plain fun. You could build a cavalry-heavy O&G army with some extra flair.

·
Dethskullz Warboss
1,377 Posts
Those are all the best ideas i could even thik off you could try a vampire count, blood dragon army were you get there knights as core and have awsome fighters to.

Also a wood elf cav army would be neat to see to. There is many ideas of types of cavarly armies. I my collect brets but a empire one can still be good to. it just depends on what race you like most. since most of the cav are t3.
I was browsing a few froums and i noticed quite alot of DoW cavarly armies to.
Also i love the idea of a O&G cav army to fastish and deadly and crazy to :D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.