Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at starting a WoC army in the new year and my brother is starting VC.

I like the idea of an all cavalry WoC list but I'm worried it might not fair so well against units that are unbreakable.
Keep in mind our games will be friendly and neither of us are looking to dominate the other.

Your thoughts and/or experience would be greatly appreciated.

·
Organised Chaos
1,233 Posts
A cavalry WoC list will do quite well against most undead armies. The big strength here is with the exception of the mainstay unit where you will often find the Vampie lord (Blood knights or Grave Gaurd block), undead tend to start with cheap small units in an effort to raise them to fighting strength, saving thier poitns for thier characters and magical items.

This raising of units is going to take 1-2 turns at least, but with your fast moving hard hitting cavalry force you can be charging him and smashing apart his relativly week units before they come to full strength. not forgetting also that mark of slaanesh makes your units immune to fear, terror, and panic (i suggest used on maruader horsemen with flails) and mark of khorne which gives you frenzy means your immune to phsycology, (though i would use the magic banner which gives you frenzy which you never loose).

I would say 3 units of maruader horsemen with flails, then decided wether you want them cheap with mark of Slaanesh or deadly but prone to being lead away with mark of khorne.

1-2 units of knights, never been sure if buying lances has been worth it when you have magical S5 attacks already, but give one of these units banner of Rage and maybe mark of nurgle to go realy expensive but worth it.

I think the big thing to consider is characters. do you go for the sorcerer lord and two sorcerers on discs of tzeentch or go with a suttle magic deffense and hard mounted heroes and lords? after this you may have between 1300-1000pts roughly depending on how you spend etc.

But to answer your main question, as long as you dont sit back with your WoC against his VC, and you dont reklessly charge into obvious zombie tar pits or his lords units unsupported you shoudl do better than ok.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The plan stays the same as always. Kill the general!

Vampires have a hard time getting some decent armour (minus flayed hauberk, and regeneration banner ) Khorne is your best friend! immune to one of there biggest strengths - fear. And you will tear rank after rank down with khorne knights. Popping 20 zombies in 1 turn shouldn't be a problem.

If he is going to have his general in the graveguard bunker, killing blow him. Axe of khorne allows no armour safes NOR regeneration. The ideal vampire character slayer.

Now if he's using a unit of bloodknights. Use some 30 points dogs to lure them into a forest. Should slow them down for at least 2 turns.

Good luck!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Going magic heavy can also help. More sorcerors = more dispell dice + access to dispell scroll. You can at least screw a round (or two if u're lucky) of his magic phase. That should add more time for your cavs to charge and rip his general into bits. Or better, Gateway his general, but that's taking a lot of chance.

3x5 Horsemen /w Flails, 2x5 Warhounds, and 2x5 Knights will be the least you should take. You can fill in Dragon Ogres, Chariots, Warshrine, and/or other stuffs as you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.