Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Necro'd by Phoenix because this thread is awesome! :D

This is just a bit of fun. Basically make some rules for a particular superhero or famous person as if they were a special character. Naturally mine will be based on FB rules but 40k works too :)

Here's a couple to kick off

Spiderman - 200 pts

Any army can take spiderman as a single hero choice. He must be fielded exactly as presented here and no additional equipment can be bought for him.

M-6 WS-7 BS-7 S-4 T-4 W-3 I-7 A-4 Ld-9

Special rules

Spidey senses, wall crawler, webslinger

Weapons and armour

Webbing

Spidey senses - Spiderman has an acute sense which allows him to dodge incoming blows. All successful rolls to hit spiderman (both shooting and CC) must be re-rolled. In addition, Spiderman always strikes first.

Wall Crawler - Spiderman can scale even the sheerest wall with ease. Spiderman is not slowed by difficult or even impassable terrain

Webslinger - Spiderman can shoot his webbing to almost fly across the battlefield

At the beginning of the movement phase. Spiderman may declare that he's going to use his webslinger. Nominate a hill, forest, ruins or any similar terrain piece within 20" of spiderman. Then place spiderman anywhere on the terrain. This can even be used to fly spiderman out of combat.

If there are no terrain pieces available, Spiderman cannot use the webslinger rule that turn.

Webbing - Spiderman can fire his webbing to tangle and slow the enemy. Webbing is a shooting attack with a range of 24". If struck, a unit's movement value is halved until the beginning of Spiderman's next shooting phase.

Winston Churchill - 375 pts

Any army can take Winston Churchill as a single Lord choice. He must be used exactly a presented here and no additional equipment can be bought for him.

M-4 WS-4 BS-0 S-3 T-5 W-4 I-2 A-1 Ld-10

Special rules

Leader of men, Inspirational, Rousing speeches

Weapons and armour

Stick (counts as hand weapon)

Leader of men - Winston Churchill is one of the most inspirational leaders ever. Inspiring men to great feats of bravery in the face of adversary.

Winston Churchill must ALWAYS be the army's general, even if there is another character on the table with the same leadership value. In addition, units can use Winston Churchill's leadership value if they are within 18" of him, instead of the usual 12".

Winston Churchill counts as the army Battle Standard Bearer in all respects.

Inspirational - Winston Churchill and men around him fight on even in the face of almost certain defeat.

Winston Churchill and any unit he's joined is unbreakable. In addition, a unit may re-roll any failed "Look out, sir" rolls when trying to save Winston Churchill, such is the unit's desire to protect their leader.

Rousing speeches - At the beginning of every magic phase Winston Churchill may make a rousing speech to encourage his troops to even great acts of bravery. Declare that Winston is going to be making a rousing speech and roll a D3. The speech given is determined by the roll. Winston Churchill cannot make the same speech more than once per battle. If you roll a value already rolled this game, Winston simply forgets what he was going to say and no speeches are made. Consult the chart below when rolling for speeches.

1 - "Never has so much been owed by so many to so few"

Choose a friendly unit on the battlefield with the lowest unit strength, not including monsters, characters, chariots or war machines. If there is a tie then the controlling player can choose between them. For the rest of the battle, the unit's US is doubled. Every model in the unit (including mounts) gain +1 attack and +1 movement. The unit also becomes immune to psychology.

2 - "This was their finest hour"

Until the start of Winston Churchill's next magic phase, all friendly units within 12" of him can re-roll failed rolls to hit, wound and also re-roll any failed armour saves.

3 - "We will never surrender!"

Until the start of Winston Churchill's next magic phase, all friendly units within 12" of him become unbreakable.

I'm sure I don't need to remind people that this is a bit of fun and so use your head and avoid any political hot potatoes if choosing historical figures.

What can you come up with? How about Superman, David Beckham or Helena of Troy? :)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Ooh! Ooh! Let me try...

Wolverine- 500pts
Wolverine counts as both a Hero and a Special choice. he may be given no other equipment and is used as listed here.

M5,WS8,BS0,S4,T4,W5,A5,I5,LD10, armor save 6+

Spec. Rules-

Frenzy, Hatred, Stubborn, Immune to Psychology, Regeneration

Berzerker- Wolverine gets +1S and +1A when charging.

Adamantium Claws- Wolverine's claws count as a Magic Weapon that incurs an extra -2 to armor saves.

Adamantium SkeletonWolverine's skeleton grants him a 5+ ward save.

·
335 Posts
Chuck Norris- How ever many points the game is.

Your opponent always loses, Chuck Norris may be used in all Table Top game, Rpgs, Card games, board games, and video games.

:p

·
LO Zealot
1,692 Posts
Ozzy Osbourne - 666 pts

An undead army can take Ozzy Osbourne as a single Lord choice, although he cannot be the army's general

M-4 WS-2 BS-0 S-5 T-5 W-4 I-0 A-5 LD- 2

-Wizard:Ozzie is a level 3 wizard. He may use spells from Necromancy or Death.
-Braindead: Always strikes last
-Causes Fear
-Immune to Psychology
-Cannot be broken: Suffers additional wound for each point combat is lost by

-One of Us: Ozzie can be hidden within a unit of zombies at the start of a game, and revealed later in the game at a time of the controlling player's choosing.

-Combat Drugs: See 40k Dark Eldar codex.

-Metal Scream:An attack made in the shooting phase. Choose any enemy unit within 8", no line of sight is required. Roll 3d6 and deduct the target units leadership from the score rolled. For each point by which the roll beats the units leadership, they take 1 wound, with no armour save allowed. This can be used on independant characters on their own.

-Say hello to my little friend: Each magic phase, Ozzie may Roll 6d6. If one of these dice is a 6, he may summon a bat swarm, whose number of bases is equal to the number of 6's rolled, to a maximum of 5. There can never be more than 5 summoned bat swarm bases on the table under Ozzie's players control.

-Unkillable: When Ozzie is reduced to 0 wounds, he bursts into a cloud of bats and flies off into the distance. He can re-enter the game within 2" of a swarm of bats or fell bat under his player's control on a roll of a 3+ the following turn, with 1 wound left. Increase the roll by 1 for each subsequent ressurection, to a maximum of 6+.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
One for whfb here:

Margaret Thatcher

Special rules-

The lady's not for turning- Unbreakable

Iron Lady- Has a 5+ ward save

Margaret Thatcher HATES dwarf miners

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Love this thread, great idea Stoney.

Hmm, off the top of my head... a mate and I were discussing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Ill give them a go, for fantasy, though i could expand to 40K later.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The unit counts as one Hero choice
Unit size: 4 Turtles.

Turtle: M5 WS5 BS3 S5 T5 W2 I4 A2 Ld8

Special Rules:
Skirmishers
Aquatic
Hard Shells - Turtles have a 4+ Scaly Skin Save.
Pizza - grants the unit Regeneration.
Parry - In combat any turtle may choose to fight defensively. 1A may be sacrificed for +1Sv, to a minimum of 1A each..

Individual rules:
Leonardo
twin Ninjato swords: +1A, +1S, Killing Blow

Donatello
Bo staff: +2S or +2Sv

Raphael
twin Sai daggers: +1A and +1Sv

Michelangelo
Nunchaku: +1S and +1A

Master Splinter
may be added to the Turtles unit for + 100pts

M5 WS6 BS3 S4 T4 W2 I3 A4 Ld10

Special Rules:
Poisoned Attacks
Skirmishers
Aquatic
Scouts - The whole unit gains the Scouts special rule.
Sensei - The turtles will do their best to protect Splinter from harm. Shooting attacks and magic missiles cannot hit Splinter so long as there are atleast two turtles still alive. If one turtle remains, shots will be randomised and hit splinter on a 5+. In addition, he gains Look out Sir whilst atleast one turtle remains.
Ninja Rat - Splinter dislikes Pizza, and so cannot benefit from Regen. He does however have a 4+ Ward save.

·
Victorus aut Mortis
685 Posts
Sorry if he seems to be too powerful for the points cost, I sort of have no idea of Fantasy stats and rules and how many points things are, but heres my addition:

Spawn: 750 points
M-6 WS-8 BS-6 S-5 T-5 W-5 I-6 A-5 Ld-10

Special Rules:

Necroplasm Body: Spawn's body is quite dense, and is composed entirely of Necroplasm. This gives Spawn much greater strength and resiliance and the ability to regenerate any part of his body at will. In game terms, this gives Spawn +1 Strength and Toughness (Bonus included in profile above) and gives him a 3+ Armour Save as well as the Regeneration rule.

Shape Shifter: Spawns Necroplasm body can be shaped to suit pratically whatever situation arises. Each turn (Declare which Shape the Armour is taking at the start of your turn), Spawn may choose to shift his armour and do one of the following:

- Chain/Cape Attack: Spawn can attack an enemy at close range in a flurry of whipping and slashing attacks (Note: This is done in the shooting phase and follows the normal rules for a shooting attack). Nominate an enemy within 12" of Spawn. The target unit takes D6 S4 hits at an additional -1 Armour save.

- Battle Axe: One of Spawns favoured shifts, he shapes his cape into an effective offensive weapon able to strike in battle with its extreme preciseness, severing limbs, and or disarm enemies. In close combat, Spawn receives +1S and ignores armour saves. Note: This effect lasts Spawn's turn, and the following enemy players turn.

- Manifestation of Spikes: Spawn can suddenly arm his body with an array of deadly, jagged spikes. Each enemy which hits Spawn in close combat will receive a S4 automatic wound in return (normal armour saves apply). Note: This effect lasts Spawn's turn, and the following enemy players turn.

- Extreme Armour Plating: When in danger, Spawns armour acts in pure reflex to defend him. For the duration of Spawns turn, and the following enemy players turn, Spawns Armour save is increased to 2+ and cannot be reduced by any modifiers.

However, Spawns Necroplasmic Armour isnt without its disadvantages. Each time Spawn shifts his body, it drains some of the Necroplasms power. Whenever Spawn chooses to shift, he must make an immediate Armour Save or suffer 1 wound. (Note: Spawn may not use his Regeneration ability for this.)

Hell Spawn: Being the spawn of the Lord of Hell himself, Spawn worries not about feelings of fear or mortality. Spawn is Immune to Psychology. However, as with all evil, Spawn suffers penalites from heavenly beings and all things holy. In games terms, Spawn counts as Undead for the purposes of weapons which deal extra damage to Undead, the Lore of Light etc.

·
7,143 Posts
Also i mentioned this one to Stoney in Chat, thought id give it a go.

Sharpe's 95th Rifles

Sharpe takes up 1 Hero choice. His rifle unit take up 1 Core choice.

Unit Size: 5-12

Lieutenant–Colonel Richard Sharpe - 75pts

M4 WS4 BS6 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld9

Special Rules
Unbreakable*
Immune to Psychology*
Tactical Retreat*
Expert Gunman - Sharpe may fire twice in the shooting phase
Expert Shot - Sharpe may pick out enemy models in a unit

*so long as Sharpe is alive, rules are conferred to Sharpes Rifle unit.

Riflemen
4-11 Riflemen must be chosen at 25pts/model

M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7

Special Rules
Ranked Fire - Sharpes Rifles may shoot in 2 ranks
Expert Gunmen
Tactical retreat - If Charged, Sharpes Rifles may elect to Tactically Flee as a Charge reaction. If this option is selected, the unit performs a Stand and Shoot reaction, followed by a Flee reaction, followed by an automatic rally at the start of the controlling players next turn. If caught by the chargers as they flee, the Rifles automatically rally and fight as normal. All the results of thisn charge reaction is applied, even if the charge is found to be out of range initially.

One Rifleman may be upgraded to

Sergeant Major Patrick Harper - +25pts

M5 WS4 BS5 S4 T4 W2 I3 A2 Ld8

Additional Special Rules
Second in Command - Sharpes Rifles may reroll all Ld based tests they are required to take so long as Sharpe is also alive.
Irish Blood - Sergeant Harper may reroll all failed to hit and wound rolls in close combat
Battlefield Medic - Harper may sacrifice his shooting and instead heal upto D3 wounds taken by the unit. This may be used to heal models which have been reduced to 0W. And models healed may not shoot in the turn they are healed.

·
7,143 Posts
Wyrm, i really like your Wolverine ideas. I think he should be a little different though (Im assuming its ok to give feedback and discuss others Characters..? Please do on mine)

Something like this:

Wolverine
- 275pts

Wolverine counts as a Hero choice

M5 WS7 BS0 S5 T5 W5 A5 I5 LD9

Special Rules
Eternal Frenzy, Eternal Hatred, Unbreakable, Immune to Psychology, Regeneration

Berzerker - Wolverine gets +1S and +1A when charging.

Adamantium Claws - Wolverine's claws count as a Magic Weapon with Armour Piercing

Adamantium Skeleton - Wolverine's skeleton grants him a 5+ ward save.

Hows that look? Please feel free to comment on my Characters too, especially the turtles, i really like how they came out.

Im getting quite carried away with this thread now... :) I like it. Ginger should have the rest of the X-men up soon too! lol.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I love Winston Churchill character! so good :-D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
South Park special characters-
May be used in both 40k and FB, and don't count against any force organization limits.
All characters are 20pts.
All characters have this statline:
M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 LD7 Sv 6+

Stan-
"Ya know, I've learned something today..."
If Stan is still alive at the end of the game, he has learned a valuable life lesson and the player gets extra victory points equal to the point value of each South Park character in play, friendly or not.

Cartman-
Hates: Jews(especially Kyle), dirty hippies
"But Mooooom...."
If within 6" of Cartman's Mom, Cartman may re-roll any roll so long as each time, the players says, "But MOOOOOOM..."
"Respect My Authoritah!"
Any unit Cartman joins becomes Stubborn.
"Screw you guys, I'm goin' home."
If Cartman's unit loses a combat but does not run, Cartman will will promptly retreat/fall back.

Cartman's Mom-
See "But Mooom..." above.

Kenny-
Muffled Voice-

The player must put his hand over his mouth or otherwise muffle his voice when he speaks, so long as Kenny is in play.
"Oh my God, THEY KILLED KENNY!!!"
Kenny is automatically hit, wounded, and gets no saves, except cover. If Kyle is in play when Kenny dies, owning player must cry, "You bastards!"

Kyle-
Hates: Cartman
If Kyle and Cartman are in the same unit, the unit must make Animosity checks.

Kyles Mom-
"...Is a [email protected]#$%"
Kyle's Mom loves to ruin everything. If an attack is made on Kyle while she is in play, she will ruin everyone's fun, and both players may do nothing their next turn. Effectively, the game has advanced one turn with nothing happening.

Butters-
"I don't know fellas, I might get grounded."
Every turn Butters must make a Ld test or be removed from play for D3 turns for getting grounded. There is a -1 to this test for every other South Park child within 6".
"I am... DR. CHAOS!!!"
When Butters returns from being grounded, bring him in as per Reserves rules. He should now be wearing a tin-foil costume and take on his alter ego Dr. Chaos. Sadly, he gets no bonuses from doing so.

Mr. Mackey-
"Drugs are bad, M'KAY..."
While he is in play, Mr. Mackey nullifies the effects of all Combat Drugs on the table.

Chef-
"Hello, Children!"
Chef is very wise and has LD10. He Also imparts his LD on any South Park children within 6".
"I wanna lay ya down, WOMAN..."
Chef will use his marvelous singing to seduce women. At the beginning of close combat, any female characters within 6" must pass a LD test. If this test is failed, Chef and any failing female characters will leave the table for D3 turns to go to Chef's hot tub. They may both return via Reserves.

Here's just a few. I could do more, but the rest just seem stupid. Oh well.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Chuck Norris- How ever many points the game is.

Your opponent always loses, Chuck Norris may be used in all Table Top game, Rpgs, Card games, board games, and video games.

:p
What is WITH you people and Chuck Norris? Sheesh!

This is a good thread. I'll have to think up a good one and come back 8Y

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Wyrm, i really like your Wolverine ideas. I think he should be a little different though (Im assuming its ok to give feedback and discuss others Characters..? Please do on mine)

Something like this:

Wolverine
- 275pts

Wolverine counts as a Hero choice

M5 WS7 BS0 S5 T5 W5 A5 I5 LD9

Special Rules
Eternal Frenzy, Eternal Hatred, Unbreakable, Immune to Psychology, Regeneration

Berzerker - Wolverine gets +1S and +1A when charging.

Adamantium Claws - Wolverine's claws count as a Magic Weapon with Armour Piercing

Adamantium Skeleton - Wolverine's skeleton grants him a 5+ ward save.

Hows that look? Please feel free to comment on my Characters too, especially the turtles, i really like how they came out.

Im getting quite carried away with this thread now... :) I like it. Ginger should have the rest of the X-men up soon too! lol.
Much better. I've only just this weekend read the WHFB rulebook, so mine was kinda guesswork.:ninja:

·
Registered
353 Posts
John Rambo

M-4 WS-8 BS-4 S-4 T-5 W-2 I-7 A-4 Ld-10

Weapons and Armour
Light Armour
2 Hand Weapons
Long Bow with Charges

Special Rules
Lone Wolf - Rambo does not cost any points and can be used in any game. He is controlled by a 3rd player and can do what the hell he likes. If Rambo himself scores 15%VP of the armies (as in scores 300VPs in a 2000 point game) then it is automatically a draw as Rambo wins. If an army kills Rambo they get the VPs that he had accumulated up to that point.

Commando - Can move through difficult terrain as if its normal terrain. Must always start the game "hidden" in a piece of terrain. He becomes unhidden if a unit moves within 6" of him. Once he fires his weapon you may move Rambo to another piece of terrain. He may start the game within any distance of a unit (this means he can be unhidden in the first turn).

Red Bandana - Gives him a 4+ Ward save and he is -1 to hit in shooting and close combat.

Charges - This is a grenade that he straps to his arrows. Any unit hit with his Longbow must put a blast template over them and counts as a stone thrower.

Hero - Rambo must always challenge if he gets in combat. Oce a round of combat is done he may flee voluntarily (no matter the result) and the unit cannot pursue.

So whaddya think?

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
Bruce Lee:

Automaticly engages in combat with chuck norris, both cancel eachother out for 4 turns (so the game is played normaly) then bruce kills chuck with a neack snap!! (liek the film! lol)

Squad size - 1 Judge Dredd and 2-5 Judges (all one Unit)
Adeptus Arbites officer Dredd:

Any IG army may take Dredd and his Arbites as an Elites choice:

Dredd: WS:4 BS:5 S:3 T:3 W:3 I:4 A:2 LD:10 SV:4+ PTS:100

Weapons: Lawgiver, may chose to use as a bolt pistol, plasma pistol or Melta pistol.
Shock Maul: Power weapon
Bare hands: see special rules.

Special Rules:Fearless

I AM THE LAW!!!: the grunts are more afraid of dredd han any commisar could make them, all friendly units who fail a moral check MUST re roll it (within 12 inches) if they fail again the leader is removed from the table as he is arrested, the enemy gains no victory points and the squad automaicly re groups.

Street Fighter: Dredd may choose to use his bare hands as a weapon, such is his skill in un armed combat he gains +2 A,+1I,+1WS and gains the rending ablity. Dredd can not use this ability on Vehicles

HArd as FRACK!: Dredds save is invurable and he is also immune to instant death.

Arbites Street Judge: PTS 25

WS: 4 BS:4 S:3 T:3 W:1I:3 A:1 LD:9 SV 4+

Weapons: either a lawgiver and shock maul or a Law finder, this may be used either as a hell gun or sniper rifle (must chose at begining of shooting phase)

All Judges are Feerless while dredd is alive

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

WS -- 5
BS -- 5
S -- 10
T -- 8
W -- 5
I -- 4
Ld -- 2(10)
Sv -- 6+

Equipment: Gov. Schwarzenegger is equipped with a shotgun, grenade launcher, minigun, M-16, man-portable rail gun, plasma rifle, Uzi 9mm machine gun, krak and frag grenades, meltabombs, and any other freakin' thing you can imagine that can hurt people. He does not wear armour, as it interferes with showing off his biceps and deltoids, so he only wears a "wife beater" undershirt. He also wears a pair of Oakley sunglasses, which grants him the "I'll be back" power, as noted below.

Special Rules:

Da Land of Kahleefohneeah: Gov. Schwarzenegger has mesmerized millions of people in the land of Kahleefohneeah into thinking he is a God, not just a bad movie actor looking for a post-Hollywood career. As a result, he has a leadership of 10 whenever participating in a battle in this mythical land. Otherwise, he has no leadership qualities whatsoever.

I'll be back: Gov. Schwarzenegger has a pair of magic Oakley sunglasses that make him impervious to conventional weapons. Whenever Gov. Schwarzenegger wears these glasses, he may use the "Feel No Pain" rule, as described in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook.

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It: Whenever fighting outdoors near a water source, Gov. Schwarzenegger may use mud to disguise himself. During the movement phase, he must remain stationary, but for the duration of the game will be invisible to all electronic optical devices, and untargetable beyond a range of 12 inches.

Do It! Do It Now! Gov. Schwarzenegger may spend the movement phase of any turn constructing elaborate devices designed to trap and kill the opponent's models. He must remain stationary during this movement phase. Afterward, indicate the presence of these traps by using a suitable model. When an opponent's model comes within 6 inches of the device roll d6. On a roll of 1, the model does not detect the device and is killed by it. On any other roll, the model will spot the ingenious device, avoid it, and gain a single free shot at Gov. Schwarzenegger. If the opponent's model is within 24" of Gov. Schwarzenegger when the device is constructed, the model gains a +1 modifier to the dice roll.

·
7,143 Posts
Ok, this is the first of the Characters i have for final fantasy. Obviously i started here, with the two best characters :) Though these arent final yet... ideas welcome.

Cloud
: 300pts
M5 WS5 BS3 S4 T4 W3 I5 A4 Ld10

Equipment: Buster Sword, Mythril Armour, Ribbon, Materia

Special Rules
Buster Sword: Magic Weapon, Killing Blow
Limit Break: When Cloud takes a wound in combat, the model that wounded him takes 1 S6 hit.
Omnislash: Instead of attacking normally, choose one enemy model in base contact. This enemy takes D6 S6 Magical hits from the Buster Sword
Mythril Armour: Grants a 4+ Ward Save and Magic Resistance 2
Ribbon: Cloud is immune to all status effects, no matter the source (Poison, Frenzy, Stupidity)

Materia: Each turn, cloud may cast one of the following spells as a bound spell with Power Level 4
Fire: Magic Missile, 24" range, D6 S4 flaming hits
Thunder: 2D6 S4 hits on a unit in Line of Sight
Ice: Magic Missile, 24" range, D6 S4 hits on a unit withing Line of Sight, enemy has Movement halved next turn if a wound is caused

Sephiroth
: 300pts
M6 WS6 BS4 S5 T5 W3 I6 A5 Ld10

Equipment: Masamune, Materia

Special Rules
Ethereal
Magic Resistance 2
Masamune: Magic Weapon, Killing Blow against any model.

Materia: Each turn, Sephiroth may cast one of the following spells as a bound spell with Power Level 6
Meteor: Target any point on the battlefield. Any unit within 2D6" takes 2D6 S6 hits
Ultima: Target one unit in Line of Sight. Every model in the unit takes a wound on a 3+, no armour saves allowed.

Cloud OR Sephiroth may be chosen as a Lord choice for your army. They may never both be chosen in the same army.

Alternatively, both you and your opponant may choose to use Cloud and Sephiroth (one each) in addition to your armies, at no extra cost. You may use them however you wise. If you manage to kill your opponents character, you receive Victory points equal to 1/4 the size of the game. However, if your Character kills your opponents, then you receive Victory Points equal to the points size of the game.
Alternatively, two additional players may be drafted in to a normal game of any size. These two players are allied with neither side, and control one Character each with the aim being to kill the other. They may use their Character however they wish during the game, and have their own turn which occurs after the normal players turns. TBC...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts