Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to do a Camo effect on my Eldar Ranger's Chameleons cloaks..but i'm not sure what the best way to approach this would be.

I've started off with a base coat of DA green/Chaos Black, followed by a coat of just DA..and that's where I am now. I want the camo area's to be a lighter green to contrast the Dark undercoat, but I'm really stuck on what colors to use.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Well, i always try to find a bit of realism in models, and i don't really thing skinks would have polyester camo cloaks :D.

Lizardmen are based on the peoples of central and southamerica before the conquistadores and missionaries. These people knew hoe to make cloth so there is no reason, imo, that skinks could wear cloaks but giving these cloaks camo might be pushing it a bit. Mayans for instance did have patterned cloth i believe, so perhaps a mayanesque pattern on the cloaks in greens would work?

edit: Damn i completly misread the post! Sorry bout that!

For eldar i would love to see jugendstil leafpatterns and interwining lines.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Warhammer 40,000 - Imperial Guard

this may help you8Y

Lizardmen are based on the peoples of central and southamerica before the conquistadores and missionaries. These people knew hoe to make cloth so there is no reason, imo, that skinks could wear cloaks but giving these cloaks camo might be pushing it a bit. Mayans for instance did have patterned cloth i believe, so perhaps a mayanesque pattern on the cloaks in greens would work?
Hese painting elder rangers not lizardmen.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
I'ld say that stippling would be the way to go; I'ld start with brown, highlight up to green and add patterning. Easy as pie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts