Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's something for all you Empire commanders; the new and improved Valten!

OK the pics aren't that good (their not mine) But it would like to point out that the hammer he is holding is in fact Ghal Maraz !! :eek: And Karl Franz is being remade with a sword; it might be one of the Runefangs from the armoury. Any way:

Valten

Other angle

Valten2

Here's a clearer Valten:
Valten3

Just found pic of *cough* new Karl Franz:

Karl Franz

·
Registered
424 Posts
Why did they do that to us?

I mean, Valten was great as the lowly blacksmith's boy. He just shouldn't be a hero.

·
Registered
959 Posts
because valten is meant to be the champion that slays archaon. i hope archaon kicks his ass.

Blood for the Blood God!!!

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok looking around I've made an error. Valten is not the champion of Light he's the champion of Sigmar. No-one knows who the COL is yet, but the idea is going around that it's going to be a dwarf, elf or human (vague I know).

Also one other thing it's not Gotrek or Felix and some think it might be Manfred Von Carstein !! :eek: :huh: A vampire as COL I think not.

Also to all those in the UK the next WD comes with the Kislev army book this includes a new army of Dwarfs .... A SLAYER army. All slayers YEAH!! and others as well. And the nex WD tells of a meeting between Valten and Karl Franz, I guess this is when he gets the hammer.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think valten will become the champion of light as there is not anyone else who Gw have suggested. I really don't think that he has much of a chance against archaon though. I think the champion of light will be a human as it usually is.

·
Registered
848 Posts
No puny mortal can defeat the mighty Archaon!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anyone know where i can buy some books that contain Chaos stories btw?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Archaon Posted on Nov 5 2003, 20:37
No puny mortal can defeat the mighty Archaon!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Looks like someone forgot that Archaon is a mortal....

Back to topic, well i think its going to be a Empire dude, but if it's going to be Valten or the new grand theogonist is something that we'll know when it's time for the campaign. But it would be really cool if they choose Kreuger as the champion :)

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The COL is different to the Champ of Sigmar. COS is Sigmar reincarnated as you said but it doesn't mean he's the COL coz Magnus the Pious wasn't the Champ Of Sigmar but was the COL at that time. So I think it might be another human who won't be reveiled until the begining of the campaign. But I could be wrong because in a stroy I read somewhere Archon was crowned The Lord Of The End Times, but behind the clouds was a twin tailed comet. And this means that his nemisis is born, so who knows?

·
Registered
959 Posts
the CoL can be anyone from the "good" races so it could possibly be a High elf or Dwarf, although a Brettonian grail knight would make for a good champion but Valten will probably be the champion.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I apologize but anyone who thinks that the COL is not the same thing as COS is deluding themselves. Sigmar and his champions represent humanity which is slowly inheriting the world from the elder races. While the elven twins or Gotrek might sound interesting, GW has been building up Sigmar and his champions (the game is named after his hammer) to be a christ like figures who battle the ultimate champion of evil, the antichrist figures of Asavar Kul or Archaon. Just as it was Sigmar who defeated the first Chaos Lord Morkar, his chosen will be at the last battle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe it'll be Mannfred Von Carstein after all, or Zacarias, I mean Vampires don't want Chaos ruling over everywhere either do they, specially no necrarchs, far too disorganised.

Maybe Nagash'll come back and show that Archaon what it is to be a super-baddie.

But it'll probably be Valten, that's if Chaos don't win it somehow (no more Kislev?)

*hopes for a VC CoL*

It could be something silly like a halfling, going all LotR on us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i agree with bawdymonkey, Valten is supposed to kill archaon right,well if the COL is the one who kills the new lord of the end times then that would suggest Valten as how can he kill him if he isnt the COL.

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, that's what everyone says but then why doesn't GW name Valten as COL? In the new WD he gets Ghal Maraz, but it still only says COS. And GW refuse to say if he is, but your right he probably will be.

·
Registered
959 Posts
ummm bawdy monkey sigmar and his followers do not represent humanity, they represent the empire. i still think a bretonnian grail knight would make a cool CoL. and GW are probably just leading us on with Valten and are gonna say that an elf is the CoL or something, just gonna have to wait and see.

·
10,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would be cool to have the prince as COL, but as far as I know the COL will be in the thick of it fighting the forces of Chaos. and I have a feeling that Tyrion and his brother will be either defending Ulthuan from Malakith or (as it's been suggested) taking the fight to him in Naggaroth.

Have you all seen the new rules for Valten if he uses Ghal Maraz? It's the same as what Karl-Franz had but casues D3 Wound instead of one.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well, perhaps loads of High Elves and Teclis is killed, and in a fury of rage Tyrion launches an attack. After all, he IS Aenarion reborn, and we all know what Aenarion did... Its not far fetched, I believe.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
They have been building up Eltharion recently and I am making an educated guess that he will be the HE focol point and is going to attack Naggaroth and have a showdown with Malekith, maybe to the death. Tyrion seems to have superceded the Phoenix King Finubar almost and I have no idea where thats going. Teclis, as you may recall, was at the Conclave of Light and will probably be spearheading the powers of the Colleges of Magic that he helped found. Brettonia doesn't seem likely canidate for Col for much for various reasons. They were unusually absent during the Great War Against Chaos. They had that joan of arc thing but that seemed an isolated incident. They may play a bigger role in the next campaign but a Grail Knight as COL is just wishful thinking. Tyrion, will probably help Eltharion in his quest for vengeance in Naggaroth if he plays a role at all. A question I will throw out: Since Morkar, has there been a Col other than one of the Empire? I think a dwarf was the COL for the second champion of chaos but im not sure.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Eltharions battle vs the Witch King is purely personal, and Tyrion wont meddle with it, as he is the prime defender of Ulthuan. But you are right, Eltharion will most likely launch an invasion in Naggaroth in the forthcoming Storm of Chaos campaign, and may fight the witchking (my guess is that Malekith will be defeated (not killed, tho).

I still think Tyrion as a reasonable as any CoL, just because of the Aenarion blood in him. GW hints at his taint with the rule "Curse of Aenarion" which implies that something is going to happen with the twins at some point...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.