Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, putting together an army list for a 40k in 40 minutes tourney and looking for some opinions about what I've come up with.

1 squad of 6 marines with a lascannon (99 points)
1 squad of 5 marines with a lascannon (85 points)
1 squad of 5 raptors (with aspiring champ) with total of 3 plasma pistols and a meltagun (208 points)

The reason for the heavy firepower is in case of armor being fielded against me (I know that I'll be facing an IG army with 2!!! basilisks and want to be able to kill them).

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
2 basilisks in 40K/40m?? Talk about powergaming...
Anyway, you might want to drop the Raptors and take more troops instead. That way you can get more troops (raptors are over twice the pts of the normal CSM troops.
I'd switch the lascannons for missile launchers (or possibly use an autocannon), you won't see anything bigger than AV12 in 40K/40m anyway, and they're cheaper and more versatile.
The squads are small, but I suppose in these small battles it doesn't matter that much, 6 men squads are good enough I suppose.
Okay here's something you ought to try: rhino with extra armour and smoke, carrying an assault squad with aspiring champion (give him a power weapon/fist), maybe toss in a meltagun and/or flamer for a bigger pre-assault punch. Spend the rest of your points on bolter-wielding troops with missile launchers, or use an identical squad if you're really into close combat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd leave out the Raptors. Take another CSM squad w/ CCWs+BPs and put em in a Rhino. Swap a lascannon for missile launcher (gives that extra bit flexiblity).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.