Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, basically i need help, i have the Chaos army from Dark vengence and a chaos terminator sorceror and i dont know which god to pick, i believe khorne is out as he dont do the sorcerer thing but as i'm new im open to your thoughts.

Ox

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
hey, basically i need help, i have the Chaos army from Dark vengence and a chaos terminator sorceror and i dont know which god to pick, i believe khorne is out as he dont do the sorcerer thing but as i'm new im open to your thoughts.

Ox
For strong psyker abilities and good invulnerable saves, go with Tzeentch. For durability go with Nurgle. If you want speed, go with Slaanesh and if you want better close combat abilities, go with Khorne. Each has it's pluses and minuses. A Tzeentch Terminator Sorcerer with the Sigil of Corruption has a 2+ armour save and 3+ invulnerable. A Nurgle Sorcerer on a bike would have a toughness of 6. A Slaanesh Sorcerer has a better initiative and is best used in conjunction with Noise Marines. The Slaanesh Psyker powers really buff up sonic weapons depending on the power. A Chaos Khorne Lord on a Juggernaut with proper wargear is one of the best valued hard hitting units in the game.

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
This is rather a personal choice, as the gods all have their pluses and minuses. Also, keep in mind, that you don't have to chose a god to align to. Chaos Undivided is a thing as well.

Currently, as far as power levels go, Nurgle is at the top of the heap (definitely competitive), followed by Slaanesh (not too bad), then you have someone like Khorne (assault faction in a shooty edition), and then Tzeentch (not competitive at all).

For play styles, Nurgle tends to be tough and resilient, Slaanesh is fast and sleek, Khorne is usually about assaults and combats, and Tzeentch is psykers and invulnerable saves. Only problem, though, is that I can't quite say those will always change, as edition changes will sometimes mix them up sometimes. For example, currently, Slaanesh icons give Feel No Pain, which was mostly a Nurgle thing last edition.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I read the post to mean what to do with the Sorcerer. If we are talking on a whole, you should ask yourself "why bother with just one Chaos God when you can have all 4?". I use all four most of the time just for variety sake, but in general Klajorne has the God factions correct in my opinion. A lot of people favour Nurgle but in truth, each Godly faction has good and bad units (this includes using Chaos Marks).

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
For Cultists, unmarked are best.
For the Chosen, I would honestly use them as unmarked or not chosen at all, but either unmarked CSM or Nurgle CSM
For the Lord, if you want him to be a sorcerer, then it depends heavily on what you want to do with him? Combat, shooty, cheap HQ?

·
4,967 Posts
If you go Nurgle (and I always do) don't go for Nurgle CSMs. Always pay the extra to get Plague marines. They are so much better for the points with FNP, fearless, defensive grenades and poison 4+ combat weapons, not to mention the free champion and ability to take 2 plasmas in only a 5 man unit.

To make them troops you will need a chaos Lord with MoN but that is no bad thing. Put him on a bike with PF, Burning Brand, blight grenades and am invulnerablr save and join him to 5 Nurgle spawn or some nurgle bikers.

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
Well, considering what he has (Dark Vengeance and the Termi Sorcerer), I would just run him as an undivided sorcerer, with mostly biomancy, and telepathy as his powers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts