Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I had this crazy idea of mine just after a game of 40k, Iron Warriors of course!

I came to think, you see i have always used cultists in army, well at least since Chapter approved came with the idea...

Since the new codex only allows cultists for the wordbearer army, I started thinking.
Who is it in most cases that is the biggest menace to the empire of man, of course... the cultists.
So why not make an entire chaos army of cultist.

Say you can only use cultist for troops. Use, say a sorcerer for HQ and greater deamons as an option.
Allow O-3 squads of Chaos space marines as Elites.
And then at the same time try using the same rules that codex space orcs allows for looted veichicles when it comes to heavy support...

Let me have your oppinion on this, I think it would be cool...

Dragonslayero

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Well, some codex books are coming out next summer (I think), and they'll cover a couple of new/re-written armies, and one of them will be a cultist army, so you can use an official cultist army then.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, a new codex!

The new problem that has arisen is the point that the cultist now actually cost an amount of points that should be thought about.
Originally i thinked of using the Chapter approved rules where the cultists cost 4points, including a weapon of some sort.
The plan was then to make an enormous army that consisted of so many miniatures that they would be practicly (right spelling?) impossible to shoot them down.

But obviously that has changed now...well well I guess I'll have to adapt...

Cheers!

Dragonslayer

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Yes they're more expensive, because they actually have a purpose now! In chapter approved they were just a nice meat shield, now they have better stats and veteran skills. I think in codex: Eye of Terror (I think that's what they'll be in) you can also get the untrained, cheap guys you want.

·
1,019 Posts
I've actually been working on a cultist army.
I'm making the cult leader now. He's mounted on a scratch built hover board (daemonic flight) and leads a small squad of cultists. Nice to have the rules for them puplished so i can see what they are capable of.
I based them on the plastic Catachans, only to learn two days later that they would be releasing plastic Cadians (i think i sweared at this point). But no matter, i'll get me some Cadians, corrupt tham and add them to the bunch (this should give the army a rag-tag feel)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.