Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out what color paints to use for Deathmongers (midtone/highlight/everything). I'll be using Reaper paints, but if you know the Citadel colors I can convert them i think.

Looks like some mix of grey and khaki. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That is a great color scheme! For GW paints I reccomend skull white, fortress gray, codex gray, and maybe one of the foundation paints (I can't say any specifics because I don't have any of the gray ones) The grays might be a little too dark so you could maybe mix them with bleached bone. For the metal I reccomend tin bitz, with a layer of a gold color, and a highlight with mithril silver, you can also choose to wash it with devlan mud or gryphone sepia. I hope this helps and sorry I do not know the reaper paints however there is a conversion chart... here: DakkaDakka - Articles - Paint Range Compatibility Chart

·
His jetbikes are many.
282 Posts
Definitely it is a mix of grey and khaki.

For my Striking Scorpions I painted a shade of grey which looks quite similar IMO... I started from an undercoat of VMC Dark Grey, VMC German Camo Black Brown and VMC Ivory, and highlighted it adding VMC Ivory to the mix.

Here is the final result in a close-up:

I guess you can do the same using a mix of Citadel Codex Gray, Scorched Brown, Bleached Bone and Chaos Black (since VMC Dark Grey is darker than Codex Grey, and VMC German Camo Black Brown is darker than Scorched Brown).
Highlight it adding Bleached Bone to the mix.

However, I recommend the VMC Dark Grey, the coverage is amazing.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts