Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently playing a Chaos Undivided marine force. I've had lots of luck against Tyranids but one of my opponents (Deathwing) is giving me problems.

He likes to put his troops in Land Raiders + a couple of Landspeeders for harassment and 1 Dread. for covering fire.

What usually happens is the Raiders move forward and his Deathwing termies disembark with assault cannons and lightning claws.

If i'm lucky I can send a few of those walking tin cans back with lascannon holes in their armor but cc is usually brutal and quickly over.

What is the way to deal with these psychologically immune maniacs?

PS: Iron Warrior tactics welcome as well....

·
Registered
959 Posts
try adding a unit of khorne berserkers with khornate chain-axes the termis only get 4+ saves against them. also add as many plasma weapons as possible the termie only get 5+ saves against those.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm yeah...but how about replacing plasma with lascannons?

Berzerkers are nice but deathwing is immune to psycho and he often packs gatlings....

·
Registered
122 Posts
what I do is I use an obbliterator cult to destroy land raiders, other tanks and fast attack
I use their lascannons and blow holes through them
the terms that are in the land raider are hurt and have to take a 4+ save to get out of the land raider ( with no other saves allowed apart from invunrable)
then you could cream the remaining terms with las-cannons, plasma weapons and melta weapons
it is also quite handy to have some power weapons arround to finish the job in cc

this is much easier with an iron warriors army because you can use more obliterators
also taking out the landspeader with a dreadnaughts plasma cannon will help you

·
Registered
959 Posts
yeah give each squad a lascannon and a plasma gun. you'll cream his land raiders and shoot the termies down with plasma. the idea with the zerkers is that once the termie are left standing in the open and have been shot at they will race forward and engage the survivors most probably outnumbering them and so hack them to peices.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that would work...but I've also considered the fact that landraider can move like....12" at top speed? Once the termies disembark and move 6"...that's 18" already! Looks like I've only 1 shot to take his tracks off him...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and another thing...let's be risky and take a defiler instead of the usual predator choice....wonder how will defiler's ordnance do?

I also found out that hvy flamers can quite easily kill normal c. space marine...

·
Registered
959 Posts
ordanance is good. if you roll a 6 on the damage chart his termies die automatically. basically try to make him take as many armour saves as possible, he's bound to fail alot of them. how many terminators does he have?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Um roll a 6 on dmg chart? Which dmg chart are u referring to? I thought that all they needed was to roll either a 2+ (ordance AP=3) or invul 5+save...termies aren't vehicles right? :huh:

As for his termies...in our last engagement (800 pts) he fielded 2 squads + a librarian and a dread.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I recently played with a Blood Angels company.

1) Can you deepstrike into difficult terrain (eg: wooded area?)

2) Death Company marines can be eq with jetpaks?! Wtf....might as well give berzerkers wings then! :blink:

·
1,019 Posts
Well. If you take some possessed marines, slap on them mark of Khorne and give them demonic flight then you have your winged Khorne berzerkers (Ok, they are an elite choice....but still)
;)

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Deathwing can't take land speeders... take plenty of Obliterators, a good assault unit like some termies of your own with Furious charge (these will kick the DW termies asses), and if you're Iron Warriors, a Vindicator will be very nice. For troops, plasma and lascannons should do the trick.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Might be possible, with a heavily overpowered army list and against certain armies played by a person who has no clue of what he's doing... but there's better ones out there. Saim Hann can win in turn 1 in the right senario (I think breakthrough, you know where you have to get your army off the board).

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Get 5 Havoc marines, with the tank hunter skills and lascannons (one wont be able to have a lascannon) That will galnce LR on a 4 :)

Theres a very hight chance that you will at least Damage it

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.