Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a thread to help both experienced players and beginners a like with putting together a Chaos Lord.

Please don't post stats - these infringe copyright rules, and if you do comment on a HQ which someone has posted, please make it constructive or helpful.

This isn't really a discussion thread, it's more of a reference file for excellent/useful HQ builds.

Please post your lords up with (roughly) this format:

Name:
Type: (lord/sorcerer/prince)
Cost:
Mark: (undivided/Khorne/Nurgle/Tzeentch/Slaanesh)
Options:
Tactics/Notes: (how to use him)

Here's an Example:

Name: Mr. Joy
Type: Lord
Cost: 150
Mark: Khorne
Options: Wings, Twin Lightning Claws
Tactics/Notes: Mr. Joy is an angry chap and very simple to use. Just point him in the direction of infantry and watch the mess.

Right, have fun and take it away :)

·
Banned
191 Posts
Heres my khorne dude

Krusher
Daemon prince
Total = 140 points
Khorne mark
Wings
Tactics:
alright what i usually do with him is i make him jump and tear through infantry/heavyinfantry and let him krush any enemies. i also try to use height 3 cover to make it so i can advance safely as he can jump from terrain piece to terrain piece as usually he can do this unless your playing with height 2 terrain or theres not a good place to advance.

Kingkiller
Chaos lord
Total = 150
Mark of khorne
Jump pack, lightning claws
Tactics:
Its the same as my daemon prince but occasionally i put him in a squad of raptors if im going for a more shooty army and use his squad to counter charge the enemy when their hardcore close combat troops advance, if they dont have any of these then the squad will just jump at the enemy. if he is alone he does the same stuff as daemon prince. i find the lightning claws a lot more reliable then a daemon weapon.

Krieg
Chaos sorcerer
Total = 140
No mark
Terminator armor, warptime
Tactics:
He would join a unit of terminators and do psychic things, otherwise i would use him on a jetpack similar to the chaos lord.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ideas from other peoples.

Kossolax the.. somethign or the other said:
anyway, for a cheap lord i was thinking

Chaos lord: 155pt
daemon weapon
flight
personal icon

or for some protection and fire power

Chaos lord: 180pt
daemon weapon
MoT
disk
personal icon

as for daemon princes

DP 175pt(my favorite)
mark of Tzeetch
warp time
wings

Dp
MoS
lash of submission
wings.
If you like these ideas, be sure to rep Kossolax, not me!

Lord Link said:
Daemon Prince /w wings, warp time-155

Much cheaper than the varients with the mark of tzeentch and the like and he will massacre entire squads wih warp time.

Chaos Lord /w mark of slaanesh, blissgiver, terminator armour-150

This guy will automatically beat any enemy 1on1 regardless of who they are. He still holds his own against anything else in cc and is incredibly tough to kill because of terminator armour. He may choose a bike instead of termy armour.

Chaos Sorcerer /w mark of slaanesh, lash of submission-125

My favourite, I don't see why people want jump pack's so badly unless they're putting him in a mixed legion army. In slaanesh his basic 6" movement should keep him in range of some juicy targets.
Actually... don't bother repping these two guys - I will. :D

Kossolax the lady man said:
Chaos lord x2
mark of khorne
jetpack
bloodfeeder

Run these guys together into a unit and watch the bodies burn!

I play tested this out, they ran into a 15 man possessed squad. rolled 24, attacks hitting and wounding on 3's. at the end, less than half remained, and none could strike back.:yes:

Also I tested them against a daemon prince, and they kicked his butt. With these two working together they are unstopable. And having 2 will practically always assure at least one of them gets to attack.
I really like the duo idea Koss.

Vampire Lestat said:
Khorne Lord (Because the other ones are all straight forward)
MOK (My models are all painted that way, trust me those psychic powers look great to a WorldEaters play too)
Personal Icon (I own many Daemons)
BloodFeeder (Before you say "NO!!", I don't care if I fail horribly with this weapon but I want to roll 17 strength 5 attacks just once.)
Melta Bombs (If I don't take them, I'll need them)
Juggernaught of Khorne (I own 6, so I going to damn well use them)
180 points
I suppose I should take a combi melta or something, but dammit I've played WorldEaters for a long time and I can't do the whole shooting phase thing with chaos, it doesn't feel right. I do enough of that with my Witch Hunters and Necrons.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Name: Ahruca The Mutater
Type: Chaos Sorcerer
Mark: Mark Of Tzeentch
Equipment:Terminator Armour
Abilities: Warp Time

With a 2/4+ save this guy is a tank, and with the combination of Warp time, MoT and a Force Weapon hes a characters and a Monsterous Creatures worst nightmare. If he wounds them they are dead and with the re-rolls given by Warp Time its quite likely hes going to wound. He could be given Bolt Of Change to make him more versatile but then be gets a bit too costly for me seeming he'll be nearly 200points.

170 points

~ Please post total points costs too. ^__^ Cheers for your contribution.

·
437 Posts
Sorcerer 245 Points

Mark of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Familiar
Wind of Change
Bolt of Change
Warptime

Moves as jump infantry, has 4+ invulnerable save. Uses warptime every turn then uses bolt of change at range against armour (or can hunt rear armour), switches to wind of chaos when closing with squads to wipe them out with shooting then combat

·
Registered
53 Posts
2 Sorcerers used together like below.

Chaos Sorcerer 155pts
Mark of Slannesh
Lash of Submission
Bike

I will move these forward 12" along with 2 5 man bikes squads and a unit of raptors.
They will lash forward a unit into assault range then assault with some of the bikers/raptors into that squad. The idea will be not to break the enemy but use the combat to cover my armies advance for the first turn.

If I can pull 2 enemy units to within assault range I will leave the second enemy squad just behind the first, then assault with all my bikers/raptors into the first and use the consolidation move into the second squad as perfect cover from enemy shooting.

After the first turn the sorcerers will be used on the wings to pull high danger assault elements away from my troops and into the sights of my big guns and to force pinning checks on enemy shooting units.

·
Registered
102 Posts
In my 2000 pt Tzeentch heavy list I have the following HQs:

Sorcerer Lord - 195
MoT
Disc
Bolt o' Change
Doombolt

Daemon Prince - 155
Warptime
Wings

This gives me a good utility model to take care of light armor troops and light armor tanks/vehicles and a good CC HQ that can block LOS when needed, distract the enemy, etc. This is especially good when your troop squads come in at 320 pts a piece!

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Agrazan, the bane of super killy marine HQs
Lord w/ MoS + Daemon weapon + bike
165 pts

This guys is perfect for hunting those pesky MEQ HQs that you are oh so likely to see. Use the turbo boost to get him to the other side of the board on turn 1(preferably behind some cover) and charge into your opponents HQ on turn two causing that ever so sweet instant death.

Frazagara, uber shooty MEQ slaughterer of doomy doom death
Lord w/ MoT + Termi armor + daemon weapon
160 pts

This guy can pump out the sweet AP3 shots at range and still tear it up with his daemon weapon in close combat. Run him with a squad of termis with combi plasmas and watch as they mow down anything short of opposing terminators.

Klaerophon, shreddy McShredderson of clan Shredsalot
Lord w/ MoK + Termi Armor + Lightning claws
140 pts

This guy is cheaper than most other lords you will run into and still puts out a decent volume of kills. As a second HQ in larger point games he should do very well.

·
Don't tread on me!
547 Posts
These are the two I see myself using for now.

Titus the “Butcher of Lambosha” Daemon Prince
MoT
Bolt of Change
Warp time

Xusia of Dellus Chaos Sorcerer
MoS
Wings
Lash

They will work as a tag team, with the Sorcerer lashing out Victims for the DP.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Blarg, too lazy too look through all of those HQ configs, so if this one has been posted before, feel free to slap, spank, smack, stab or otherwise inflict bodily harm on me.

Lord
Mark of Khorne
Bloodfeeder
Jump pack/Wings
Cost: 160

Use: This guy is who I'll be running with my unit of Raptors (who will probably use the Mark of Slaanesh). As I explained in another thread, with the Icon of Slaanesh, the Raptors will be striking at the same time as the Lord, which will go a long way toward ensuring the the Lord doesn't kill everyone in base to base contact and cause the Raptors to miss out on their lovely attacks. :(

Good huntin'

Katie D

·
Registered
647 Posts
I came up with these two for my Fallen Angels themed army I built using old AL rules. The Lord is my Cypher model, and the sorcerer is my original HQ.

Lord
Mark of Khorne
Bloodfeeder weapon
plasma pistol
He will be attached to my Fallen Angels squad geared for combat. It's 12 marines with Icon of Khorne, meltagun and plasma pistol, with a powerfist toting champion.

Sorcerer
Mark of Tzeetch
Doombolt
Warptime
His tactics will be to run with a unit of 5 chosen, that also carry an icon of tzeetch, 2 PW, 1PF and meltagun. Basically if they are assaulting infantry, he casts WP and DB, and if attacking IC or MC then only Warptime, so he can use his forceweapon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Keeping in mind the invisible IC rules, I think lone characters with daemon weapons and wings will be very devastating.

I plan on running an invisible lash. Sorceror with lash and mark of slaanesh, He will just shadow my vehicles. I think this should be very effective, considering he is close to un shoot able.

just my two cents.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Gman, you may want to rethink the plasma pistol on your lord. It's not worth the one shot on the chance of losing a wound.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Mr. 3rd ed Charm
Lord
MoS
Twin Lightning Claws
Steed of Slannesh
155 points

He does everything my 3rd ed chaos lord did. Hits squads with 6 attacks and a high WS and the lightning claws basicaly increase his str by making wounding easier (man I miss my darkblade). Takes out whole squads that can't deal with him and isn't bad against other HQs. A really reliable lord who will get the job done consistantly without standing like a dufus when you just need to get 1 wound.

I really don't like the daemon weapons. Even more then the wounding yourself, the chance of taking 0 attacks just irritates me.

For 5 points over the Khorn/LCs/wings lord he gets Beast movement and +1 init. Doesn't fit in with raptors like the Khorn lord though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thinking about a Lord worthy of a Terminator Retinue in a Land Raider for high cost games.

Retinue - 4 CC Termies with Combi-Plasma, Heavy Flamers, or Chain Fists to taste.

Transport - LandRaider

Chaos Sorceror

Mark of Nurgle

Palanquin of Nurgle - 2 models can only fit in Land Raider. +1 A and W. Same price and better in my mind then Termie Armor

Nurgle's Rot

Tactics -

Run the Land Raider up the board, in to the juiciest Center of the enemy force you can find. Unleash with Heavy Flamers and Nurgle's Rot, followed by a vicious Charge.

Your Lord alone is getting 3 + 1 (dual ccw) + 1 (palanquin) + 1 (charge) = 6 attacks with a force weapon.

Depending on your Termie load out this squad should be able to take out anything from the largest swarm of Orks ever seen to the gribbliest Nidzilla on the board. Not going to be great against Vehicles, but that Land Raider should be able to help with that.

Thoughts? I am tempted to make this guy eventually, just because I want to see an opponents face when I field a Chaos Sorceror rotting to the bone, held aloft on an ornate throne by hideous masses of sentient disease.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A cheaper use for rot would be:

Dr. Brundlefly
Sorcerer
Mark of Nurgle
Wings, Nurgle's Rot
- 155 pts

Together with some raptors with flamers he would be devastating against massed troops, and has great staying power.

·
Registered
852 Posts
How about the timely

Lord 155
Blissgiver
MoS
Wings

Throw this bad boy in a unit of Raptors with the IoS and your in business.

Add the following sorcerer for added fun-

Sorcerer 180
Lash
Gift of Chaos
MoS
Familiar
Wings

-J

1 - 20 of 115 Posts