Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I use for my Chaos Lord?

I'm talking about in official tournaments.

Do I have to use the Official model and then convert to wysiwyg?

For instance, I want my Chaos lord to have twin lightning claws and daemonic flight, so can I use the Raptor aspiring champion model to represent him?

If not, why not?

·
Registered
147 Posts
sounds like a good idea. I dont think theres anything wrong with that as chaos lords should be totally unique so the raptor ac sounds good.

·
301 Posts
For a GW tournament legal model, the basic requirements are that it must be a GW model, and it must be WYSIWYG.

Other then that, you have free reign on whatever you want to do.

Raptor champ, Terminator champ, normal plastic space marine that you equip with whatever you feel apropriate, Deamon prince model, Sorceror. The skys the limit.

Keep in mind though, that if it has 51 or more points of demonic gifts, you should attempt to make him look demonic.

·
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
daedelus said:
Keep in mind though, that if it has 51 or more points of demonic gifts, you should attempt to make him look demonic.
Right, I think I'll put horns on the aspiring champs head!

Thanks for reminding me of that.

As for him looking unique, I'm not taking any squads of raptors this go around, so he will be the lone raptor model in my camp.

Thanks guys for helping me out, I appreciate that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I actually did the same, I made a Lord out of a Chaos Raptor AC. He now has a cape instead of a Jetpack... Seems to be popular with the people I play with...

-Centum

·
301 Posts
--Minor thread Derailment--
Is that using the same blue color scheme?
if so it's easy to see why.

Wouldn't happen to have a pic to put up would you?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Also, dont forget if you give him dem stature you must model him that way. Also, dem flight and speed should be modeled appropriatley. Those are pretty much the only upgrades that should be represented. It should be as official as possible, just in case your planning on competing in any tournaments... 8)

·
Registered
622 Posts
It only has to be 80% GW model, just to give you that extra bit of flexibility. (Green stuff counts as GW model).

Other than that, just make sure that it is clearly abiding with WYSIWYG, and is suitably impressive.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Several models from the =][= range offer interesting oportunities for demon prince with demonic stature, however, the raptor AC works, I have used him for my night lords without issue. As for the demonic modeling if he is a demon prince -there is not specific requirement to do this, however if he has demonics, clearly these have to be modeled

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
onodera said:
How do you model deamonic speed on a stock model? A flowing cape? Or rollerskates ?
My particular model for my Lord has gigantic legs that are disproportionate to the rest of his body, suggesting that his legs can propel him across the ground at increased speeds.

Another idea I've had was a one winged model - not quite enough to offer true flight, but enough for quick bursts of speed. I've also heard that simply modeling a bunch of dirt flying up from his boots is sufficient.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
If you're playing casual games, you can also use the legs off a basilisk (D&D model) or a centipede model for adding additional legs.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hey, I've even see a chaos lord modeled with fire shooting out of the bottom of his shoes. If you were to ask the owner he would respond "Why there rocket boots of course!" Anything that could possbily account for him moving faster than normal can represent dem speed. As one who's played in quite a few tournaments, trust me, saying "his normal sized legs just move really fast" isn't enough.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
I am thinking modeling a gigantic jet pack for my DP, but not sure if such a idea could be good looking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts