Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i think i've settled on an army, Ogre Kingdoms, and i'm wanting to do a Chaos Ogre theme to the army. I'm having a bit of trouble though with a few of the miniatures, don't know how to convert them to fit.

The Scraplauncher: i've heard is an absolute nightmare to put together and paint. I've not had much luck with figuring out a cheaper/more suitable substitute for it either. Some Chaos Dwarf machine could work here i suppose, maybe i could use it as an excuse to buy and convert the new Grudgethrower. Any other ideas?
I'm keeping Gnoblars as-is, they are funny little things and are part of the plague of goblinoids, so should be fairly easily obtainable.

The Yhetee: the Jury is still out on these models, these creatures are sort of mentioned in the Beasts of Chaos book, that the Norse/dwarves sometimes talk about these white furred beasts, but the GW models... leave a bit to be desired, but i don't know what else to make besides something similar to the Wampas from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
I really need help on these guys.

The Gorger: I like this model soooo much..i don't know if i should do anything to him. The only thing i MIGHT do is to Greenstuff on both heads that come in the blister pack.

If anyone has any other suggestions for me, please let me know

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
If you're not afraid of using miniatures from other companies you could consider Heresy's Snow troll. I think the example model is on a 40mm base so it's quite large...

For the scraplauncher you could convert a juggernaut to carry a multibarrelled cannon :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
that snow troll is amazing... i like trying to use as many GW things as possible, but it did give me an idea. Rat Ogres are perfect, just need different heads, more fur, and he's set.

I've rummaged through the GW site, and i figured i could make a plastic one, but it would cost double the current metal set, so i'll just bite the bullet and get the GW model for the scraplauncher.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The tribe isn't necessarily Ghuth Spawnchomper's, just my own tribe that allies with Chaos on occasion (i'll probably get a box of marauders and use them as Dogs of War Norsemen just to fill the army out and make it more fluffy).

The reason i don't use a chaos spawn is that i've already got a gorger model :p and unfortunately, he's already put together >.<

Edit: I think i'll just keep the Gorger as-is, i'm still sorta writing up my fluff, and its slowly coming together.

The Tyrant model i'm working on currently is going to be downgraded to a bruiser (or a maneater). my Rhinox riders as well as the tyrant i'm going to create will be Dragon Ogres, i'll model all the ogres on various paths to dragon-ogre-hood.

·
Registered
98 Posts
search around on ebay and get some of the old chaos ogre models, they were badass.

Rivertrolls or Chaos spawn could make cool Yeti's, and it would be awsome if you converted some chaos dwarves as DOW dwarves.

But all in all I think the Ogres are allready pretty chaosy.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen some really simple but very effective conversions just using Marauder sheilds as gut plates, i might just do this.

The Scraplauncher i think i can scratchbuild out of an Orc and goblin chariot, some greenstuff, and leftover sprue parts. A plastic cannon might do well also, instead of a catapult, making the thing sort of a super-leadbelcher mortar.

I think i can make Yhetees out of the new plastic Rat Ogres, just gotta add fur, a cut-down ogre head, and an ice-club.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
I think the best way to get a good looking Chaos army, of any kind, is to first decide a couple of things about it.
Things like what god they follow or are they undivided?
What main theme they are going for, is it the fleshy mutations of torn meat or is it feathers and beaks? These little things are making the converting much easier, especially when it comes to what one should buy. A box of ratorges is good if you are going to use some pieces to convert a Yhetee or two but it could be great if all the pieces found a place in your army.
Maybe they could in someway be connected with the Skavens? Dealing in warpstone perhaps, what do I know? ( I know little of the Fantsy-game, I'm an all out 40K:er myself)

So my advice is to take some time to ponder on the background, you'll have this time repaid to you later on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts