Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

also see - http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/warriors-chaos/137915-chaos-orcs-help-needed-planning-list.html

with the new chaos army coming out soon, i plan to put something into motion that has been on my mind for quite a while - a chaos orientated orcs and goblins army!

i hope that the end result will convert greenskins that are so chaosy, that they could be fielded as either chaos warriors, or an orcs/goblins army if i choose.

the obvious crossover points in the army would be:

orcs - marauders
ill probably mix in some goblin models on larger bases for effect, some chaos heads, black orc parts, and perhaps chaos weaponry.

goblin wolf riders - marauder cavalry
will use the new plastic chaos hounds enstead of wolves, and night goblin head swaps.

black orcs - chaos warriors

snotlings - nurglings (if allowed in new list)

orc cavalry - chaos knights
perhaps mount the orcs on the new horses

characters
generally id like the orcs to be seen as something slightly more akin to the intelligence of one under chaos, as oppose to the more dim witted greenskin. the idea of an orc on a jugger seems quite a nice visual.

either running with a nurgle theme (plaguebearer orcs) or possibly khorne with red skin (though perhaps too warcrafty!:)...or just good old undivided.

i have a 10000pt dwarf army that I have been collecting since i was 15 (now 21), and this new army would be around as a casual opponent for it.

can someone help me design a 2000pt core list for an orc army, that can double up as a chaos warriors list too? the two lists can have about 500pts of units each that dont crossover into each as not to make a ridiculous unusable army!

preferences would include wolf riders (and goblins for the orc side). i have a soft spot for the old plastic night goblin models that will be used lots!

any conversion ideas, themes and other stuff please speak up!:)

when production begins photos will be posted. im starting work on some goblins tonight.

thanks!

ben

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh boy... thats a tough one.

Try maybe mixing up some peices with the models to make them look more deformed if you know what i mean..

Trolls, Giants, Ogres, Squig Hoppers.. those all first come to mind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just some figures ive started experimenting with, all with Nurgle mutations:

Chaos Warrior/Black Orc, 3 Marauders/Orcs

Two Goblins....

They should start to fit in more when painted. I found just making the orcs look like plaguebeares helps, as if they will eventually mutate into them. When in larger units i may convert some plaguebearers to orcs as to work from the other direction. Also want to add a few nurglings to bases.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.