Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready for something utterly different that involves neither green nor brown, I reached into the hobby drawer and found this limited edition Chaos Rider I obtained by lengthening my White Dwarf subscription by about a decade.

Check out his ears. They're huge, monstrously so. I wonder if I should paint nose hairs bristling from his flared nostrils?

I've got to give it to the sculptor--the face does kind of creep me out.

Here's the missing limb. The scythe looks like an absolute bitch to paint with no room for incautious slips. It'll have to rely on thin coats of glazes and subtones.

The horse is a bit of challenge. The apron draping it will need to complement the rider's robes while providing sufficient contrast.

Any and all feedback is encouraged. Ideas for color schemes, tips for mixing glazes, help with metallics, and Leinehhugel's are all welcome.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Alright David, I'm holding you to it- no brown or green. Might I recommend purple and pink?

Nose hairs might be nice, as well as a cavity here and there. I don't imagine he brushes his teeth very often.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
I think he looks pretty good, but, as you said, probably not quite your best.

A glaze or two would probably help bring your layers together a little more, as well as increasing vibrancy etc.

I really like the head-tentacle-thing, sprouting from the back of his neck. Nice effect.

I shall watch interestedly.

-t.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Doesn't the dark side have cookies, or something more physical to tempt me with?

I mean, mental corruption is all well and good, but what about my meagre physical frame?

-t.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think he looks pretty good, but, as you said, probably not quite your best.

A glaze or two would probably help bring your layers together a little more, as well as increasing vibrancy etc.

I really like the head-tentacle-thing, sprouting from the back of his neck. Nice effect.

I shall watch interestedly.

-t.

So far the robe has a few glazes on it, but yeah, it could use another.

The grey areas have had numerous washes, thinned out black and black/blue.

I'll lay a few more on and see how it looks, but I'm finding myself wanting to move on to something else.

Andu, I'm definitely keeping him around for when the new chaos book comes out. I've always been tempted. But VC is calling me back to the crypt, too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts