Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ave Dominus Nox
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ

Daemon Prince
Mark of Chaos Undivided, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Fire, Daemonic Visage, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic essence, Dread Axe, Daemon Armour
-160pts

Lieutenant
Mark of Chaos Undivided, Terminator Armour, Combi bolter,Lightning Claw
-103pts

Elites

10 Terminators - Mark of Chaos Undivided
1 Reaper Autocannon, Power Fists, Combi bolters
-440pts

12 Khorne Berserkers - Mark of Khorne
Champion - Axe of Khorne, Plasma Pistol
Banner of Rage
-200pts

Troops

10 Chaos Space Marines - Mark of Chaos Undivided
Champion - Power Fist, Plasma Pistol, Teleport homer
Plasma Gun, Flamer
Infiltrate and Move through Cover

12 Chaos Space Marines - Mark of Chaos Undivided
Champion - Power Fist, Plasma Pistol
Melta Gun, Flamer & Rhino

Champion - CC weapon and Bolt Pistol
2 Flamers

Champion - CC weapon and Bolt Pistol
2 Flamers
-909pts

Fast Attack

8 Chaos Space Marine Bikers - Mark of Chaos Undivided
Champion - Power Weapon
Squad: CC Weapons
-293pts

Heavy Support

6 Havocs - Mark of Chaos Undivided
2 Lascannons, 1 Heavy Bolter, 3 Missile Launchers
-230pts

Comments welcome, strategys welcome too, as I have no idea how to use this army.

EDIT - Well I'll be damned, Termie armour and Daemonic stature don't mix!
EDIT2 - Modifications made to the illegal things.

·
Registered
167 Posts
DP: dont think you can have terminator armour and deamonic stature (dem stat hasnt got a star next to it in the armoury list if i remember correctly)
Stature and dread axe is a nasty combo... make sure you assault really valuable targets with this dude. dont let him get stuck in a sea of gretchins or something.

You should consider getting another rhino as transport as it looks like youre going for cc.

Give your asp champions power weapons if youre fighting 3+ armour

Give berzerkers a champ with the talisman of burning blood to allow them to advance faster

Personally Id split the terminator squads into 2 5 man squads. That way you get more flexibility and you divide the riscs of teleporting.

Personally, I think its better to go for only plasma instead of flamers when going against 3+ armour, but all out flamers for orks and alike.

I like the list though. ;)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Lieutenant can't have combibolter and a pair of lighning claws.
Banner of Rage may only be carried by Chosen.
Any squad with a Mark of Chaos may have only 1 veteran skill.

Maybe try reading the codex before writing a list?

·
Ave Dominus Nox
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noted and changed..... rather harsh Bornin.

And don't you mean the Icon of Chaos Undivided? ;)

EDIT - and, after ready, you'd be wrong about the Veteran Skills.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think it's kinda childish when people start putting other people down just because they may have missed something while reading their book. That's why people post thier list is so that other people may help them with thier strategy and to help make sure everything is legal. You sure wouldn't like it if people started pointing fingers at you just because you may have missed something. Give a guy a break and help him out and not criticize him. Obviously he's pretty new. I'm sure that when all you started playing the game you weren't instant rule guru's.

·
Registered
124 Posts
check your math, 12 zerkers cost more than that, and i could be wrong (dont have codex with me, could be thinking about devastators) but you have too many weopons on your havocks
looks well balanced overall

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Haven't even seen the havocs entry, or the berzerkers.
I don't put people down normally, but I will if someone writes a big army list and obviously has not read the codex, as the error count in that list is currently 6 and counting.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes there is obviously errors and kinks to work out in his army. That's why he has it posted up. I mean look at his total posts. Obviously he's most likely new to the game or new to the army. I'm sure you weren't born with a chaos codex in hand. All you have to do is let him know his errors and give him refrences on where he can find what went wrong. There's absolutely no need to be negative about it.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I wasn't born with it, as it wasn't released at that time, but I made sure I knew all relevant rules very quickly.
Besides I merely made the suggestion that he read it in my first post, it's not like I'm insulting him or anything.

·
Registered
959 Posts
well what i wanna know is why is it a 2345pt list?? you usually only ever play games of 1,500 or 2000 pts so cut the list down to fit either one of these points limits.

·
Ave Dominus Nox
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay - after reading the codex and the little Codex conversion things on the GW site, I have a few questions:

1) Berserkers - the same cost as an Elites choice, not Troops, correct?

2) Havocs - 4 heavy weapons limit? Right?

And also - I am sorry for even questionning seasoned players. I'm so much more used to making an ork army list, so much more simpler, no marks or anything. So - Sorry Bornin, I'M NOT WORTHY! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! Okay I'll shut up now...... :p

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
By the first question I'm not sure what you mean. Berzerkers don't change in points cost if they are elites...
And yes, max is 4 heavy weapons in havoc squads.

·
Ave Dominus Nox
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Nov 4 2003, 13:37
By the first question I'm not sure what you mean. Berzerkers don't change in points cost if they are elites...
And yes, max is 4 heavy weapons in havoc squads.
Lemme clarify - the lord is Undivided, so the Zerkers would have to become elites choices. However - they were bought under the troops section, then became elites, meaning I'd pay for them as elites?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.