Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to chaos, just started buying some guys. I bought a chaos terminator lord and a squad of terminators. And I was looking at them and was wondering how I should model one.

I want to have a Reaper auttocannon in my squad and atleast one powerfist. But I was thinking about putting the powerfist on the same guy that has the autocannon so if they are running low in numbers(probaly keep them 5 strong) I don't have to make a tough choice in getting rid of the powerfist or autocannon.

But sence the squad is probaly going to be small. Useing the torrent of fire rule(one where if you take more wounds in shooting then you have models) he can pick the dude that has the pf/autocannon and if he dies I would lose my pf and autocannon.

What do you guys think? How would you model your terminators?

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
I would definatley put the upgrades on the one terminator. The torrent of fire rule is hardly used, and when it matters, terminators are taken down by Low AP weapons.

Id go for the auto and fist on one guy.

Id look around the forum first though before you make your choice. Many people use the 'Karmoon special' this is 4 combi plasma terimes and one with a heavy flamer and fist. It works well from DS and is quite cheap too.

Dan

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would definatley put the upgrades on the one terminator. The torrent of fire rule is hardly used, and when it matters, terminators are taken down by Low AP weapons.

Id go for the auto and fist on one guy.
Ok, yeah rarely do I see people use that rule, me being one of them that don't.

Id look around the forum first though before you make your choice. Many people use the 'Karmoon special' this is 4 combi plasma terimes and one with a heavy flamer and fist. It works well from DS and is quite cheap too.

Dan
Yeah I have been seeing that alot lately.

What I don't like about combi weapons is that they are only 1 shot use. And plasma doesn't like me for some reason, I always burn myself...

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
I must say I share your view on Plasmas, they do burn. But it's not like if those Chaos Termies will be as badly affected by it as some other units...they are kind of fireproof one might say.
And the one-shot-only thing isn't as bad as it might seem either (I speculate...I've not had time to play a lot since the arrival of the new Codex) as they are used for Deepstriking. They'll turn up around turn three four in my experience, and then they'll shoot and next turn charge to be locked in close combat until the end of the game... either own end whatever comes first.

But if you like the Reaper just go for it. It's a nice weapon and it looks awsome. Plus the sound effects you can make while firing it sounds far cooler and crueler than any plasma-sound ever has...

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Personally consider the Reaper close to too expensive in the new Codex, and have stuck to a Heavy Flamer myself. But yeah- nothing stopping you from putting more upgrades on one model. If you wanted, you could get a Champ with a Reaper, Powerfist, and Icon. Just look out for Vindicares... ;)

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
If you'll look up there ^^^^ Mr. Danjones has a pretty good guide to creating combi-plasma weapons for the new Chaos Terminators. Click on the Project link in his signature and search through the thread, and you'll find it.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
On the same general topic (modelling terminators); does anyone have any tips for converting a combi plasma? (or another sprue that has one?)
I have a link here for you

Good luck.

If you'll look up there ^^^^ Mr. Danjones has a pretty good guide to creating combi-plasma weapons for the new Chaos Terminators. Click on the Project link in his signature and search through the thread, and you'll find it.
Ive added that into my sig now. Its getting quiet a frequent topic now.
Thanks champ

Dan

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dan

The torrent of fire rule hardly used ??, everyone i play uses it, at tournaments and in friendly games. Maybe its just an Australian thing to use the rules, i don't know :p.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
The torrent of fire rule hardly used ??, everyone i play uses it, at tournaments and in friendly games. Maybe its just an Australian thing to use the rules, i don't know :p.
Ive not seen it used for a long time. Most people I have played recently will shoot terminators with somthing that will negate there save and put them face down in the dirt.

Dan

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive not seen it used for a long time. Most people I have played recently will shoot terminators with somthing that will negate there save and put them face down in the dirt.

Dan
Oh ? what about armies that don't have low ap weaponry ??. Nidzilla/necrons/Dire avenger spam etc.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
danjones87 said:
Most people I have played recently will shoot terminators with somthing that will negate there save
Ang said:
Oh ? what about armies that don't have low ap weaponry ??. Nidzilla/necrons/Dire avenger spam etc.
My guess is that those armies you (Ang) mention are not the ones DJ87 have played against recently...

But my guess is that a Nidzilla list will attack them in CC and a Necron or Dire Avenger army would indeed make use of the ToF-rule... Though that's only my 2p...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.