Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
So I was thinking of what to include in a prospective Chaos army, and the obvious answer presented itself: Terminators. Not just any Terminators, though. Game-wise, model-wise, and fluff-wise, these had to be kick-ass awesome Terminators. So I did a little thinking, and this is what I came up with:

Please do not list individual point costs of models. It's against forum rules and a copyright infringement. ~Rabbit
Terminator Champion Domoratius with power maul and combi-melta
Terminator Gauldanar with power-chainaxe and combi-flamer
Terminator Adonael with single lightning claw and combi-plasma
Terminator Malvicon with chainfist and combi-bolter
Terminator Cyraphet with Reaper autocannon and powerfist
Total points: 235 (I've tallied your point costs here. ~Rabbit)

Now here's where things get interesting. This squad is from the Word Bearers Legion, and as you know, those guys worship Chaos in all it's undivided glory. I wanted to find a cool way to represent that. Each Terminator will be a devotee of a single god: Gauldanar worships Khorne, Adonael adores Slaanesh, Malvicon follows Nurgle, and Cyraphet obeys Tzeentch. I tried to express that in the type of weapons they carry, and I'll model them in ways that reflect their alleigances. Domoratius, the ruthless Champion, represents Chaos Undivided, and under his iron fist the other four are cowed into working together. I plan on using the eight-pointed star with the skull in the center from the CSM sprue to replace the head of his power maul, so it'll look somewhat like a Dark Apostle's Accursed Crozius.

What do you think?

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
You may want to check out the book Dark Apostle, where is talks about the Word Bearers a great deal. Their terminators are called the Anointed and use the same legion colors as far as I'm aware. Though I do like your idea, I'd suggest uniting them in some sort of color way, that way they are different, yet the same.

EDIT: How you play the game is your choice. But I just thought I'd warn you that the configuration you are using (game-wise) isn't generally favored by many Chaos players on LO, so expect some input inbound there.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Dawnrunner, if your terminator configuration is based upon your fluff, then by all means, don't let anyone convinced you of changing it. After all, Warhammer is first about fun 8Y. However, you may have an issue with players questioning how you've managed to squeeze multiple marks into the same squad. As I'm sure you know, that's not permitted in the chaos codex. Is there some other rule's source you're using?

Also, your squad lacks efficiency. You have a little bit here and there for heckling virtually every possible model your opponents may field; however, with that sort of variety, the unit inevitably loses its effectiveness. Termis generally perform best when specialized in a single type of combi-weapon (my preferred choice = combi-plasma).

Something like this:

5x termis
*4x combi-plasmas
*1x heavy flamer w/ chain fist (or power fist).

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the point of your thread, but I'm under the impression you're wanting feedback on the fluff and configuration of the termi squad. Fluff? I know very (VERY) little. Configuration? I can help you with. :party2:

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
I don't actually think he's going to use the rules for each mark on a different squad member, just model them that way. I'd assume the squad will actually be marked undivided.

·
Registered
306 Posts
nice squad, looks like it could take pretty much anything that comes its way.

i however have some ideas for equipment/conversion of the individual terminators.

maybe you could give Gauldanar twin lightning claws and model them as two big chain axes, the +1 attack would represent a mark of khorne or at least his fury in close combat coming from his alighnment, and would look pretty cool i imagine.

Adonael could trade his lightning claw for a power weapon, modeled as a long whip with hooks at the end, which would be very slaanesh like. you could also make the combi-plasma look like some strange kind of sonic weapon, but that could confuse some people especially if you use other combi-plasmas in your army which look like regular ones.

Malvicon could recive a combi flamer represented by some realy disgusting acid/illness sprayer taped to a bolter, which would make pretty much everyone know about his alighnment to grandfather nurgle.

Cyraphet could have his autocannon represented by some kind of psychic ability, maybe some sort of lightning shooting from his autocannon arm that would be really tzeentchy.

looks like a quite cool unit to me, with every terminator having his alighnment represented pretty good by his weapons. i like your idea on the accursed crozious conversation, that should look pretty cool. i hope my ideas helped you a bit. good luck with the conversations and may they come out as you planned ;Y

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hotspike18: I have read Dark Apostle, and that's sorta where the idea came from. Fluffwise, these Terminators were once commanded by Dark Apostle Nathanael. However, the sorcerer Zacharias the Heartrender sealed a pact with Nathanael: the Dark Apostle would give Zacharias a squad of his best warriors, and in exchange the sorcerer would share powerful spells gleaned from the Calimor, a mighty tome of dark magic. Zacharias has plans to betray Nathanael and keep the knowledge and the Terminators for himself, but Nathanael anticipated this. He instructed Domoratius to ensure the fulfillment of the pact when the time came. Since they all came from the Word Bearers, they will all have the same color scheme, except for a few little embellishments on the shoulderpads or something.

Rabbit: Sorry about the points screw-up; I forgot. Sabe's right; I'm not planning to put a different Mark on each individual member; according to the new codex, Marks effectively don't exist for anything except a Lord, Sorcerer, or a squad with an Icon. I'm just going to represent their alleigances by modelling and painting them a certain way. I might give Domoratius an Icon of Chaos Glory, but that would be about it. And as to your feedback question, I was looking for both, and I got both in spades :).

Moschaboy: Thanks a lot! Those ideas will really help.
Your suggestion for Gauldanar was a really good one; I had toyed with the idea, but didn't realize what I could do to represent the lightning claws in a Khornate way. I'm also thinking about giving him the chainfist and representing it with a chainaxe...wow, lotta possibilities now!
I recently saw a squad of incredibly well-converted Slaaneshi Terminators called the Lustwing, and I'm probably gonna attempt something similar for Adonael's model. They used the sonic blaster idea, and I do like the idea of the power whip.
I like your idea for Malvicon about the combi-flamer. I guess I didn't realize that a flamer's effect could be represented in ways other than flame. Thanks for pointing out that possibility.
I was planning to model Cyraphet with a hood and a tabard/robe to show his affiliation. I like your lightning idea, though. Or maybe I could model the autocannon barrels to resemble gargoyle heads...
And besides the Crozius for Domoratius, I was planning to use the head from the new CSM sprue with the giant horn erupting from the right side of the face.

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Well, just as a suggestion for the Khornate brother (I shall think on the others for the time being, but had a quick idea for you) that you could put a closed powerfist on him (I think the SM range has something like this), then model the blade for a buzz saw using plasticard or somesuch, I saw this in a White Dwarf and thought it'd be very fluffy for a Khornate warrior. Also, I'd suggest a Heavy Flamer, they are a lot more effective and cost as much as a Combi-Weapon anyway. (Plus, when has Khorne been known to do anything in moderation ;))

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good idea for Gauldanar; I'll look into that. While I did consider a heavy flamer, I'd have to give up Cyraphet's Reaper autocannon to put it in. Decisions, decisions...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.