Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you not familiar with the term, the 'Karmoon Special' is a 5-man unit of Chaos Terminators, consisting of 4 termies with Combi-plasmas and power weapons, and 1 with a Heavy Flamer and power weapon. It is a very good unit, capable of tearing through vast quantities of Marine- equivalents the turn it deep-strikes right next to them.

So, using the new Terminator models, I am going to make a WYSIWYG Karmoon squad.

Of course, this presents a bit of a problem -- the Combi-plasma has to be made from other bitz.
Someone else (I apologize, I don't remember who) made some by attaching some plasma pistols to the termies bolters. It looks good, and like any good idea, I copied it! Here they are, as well as the normal Heavy Flamer.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Of course, this presents a bit of a problem -- the Combi-plasma has to be made from other bitz.
Someone else (I apologize, I don't remember who) made some by attaching some plasma pistols to the termies bolters. It looks good, and like any good idea, I copied it! Here they are, as well as the normal Heavy Flamer.

The person mentioned but forgot is none other than myself.

My combi plasmas as shown below ar cut alot more than your own, trimmed into position.

Id suggest a little more work on the bottom three. they look a like theyve just been stuck on top.

Dan

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Danjones87 ; Yes! Thanks! I was wanting to see those photos again. You are correct, some of the combi-weapons do look like they were just stuck on. The most silly-looking of those (the 2nd from the bottom) has allready been fixed.

Lapin-du-Guerre ; I will happily post more pictures of the Combi-plasmas. However, I think Dan's look better than mine.

·
1,065 Posts
Those look really good! But are they in the way of the bolters line of fire?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I think what makes Danjone's conversions (which I will also eventually use ;Y) work is that the plasma pistol is set lower on the combi-weapon. It looks like an extension of the gun, rather than an additional part of it.

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
But are they in the way of the bolters line of fire?

Well, yes. Let me explain...

The standard armament for a Chaos Termie is a twin-linked bolter. As we all know, when GW wants to show something twin-linked, it has 2 barrels or is just 2 guns right next to eachother. When you trade the Twin-linked bolter for a combi weapon, the result it that you have the combi part (Plasma, Melta, Flamer) which can fire once, attached to a now regular bolter.

So, if the plasma bit covers up one of the barrels of the bolter, it's not only ok, it probably similar to how they would do it.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Danjones87 ; Yes! Thanks! I was wanting to see those photos again. You are correct, some of the combi-weapons do look like they were just stuck on. The most silly-looking of those (the 2nd from the bottom) has allready been fixed.

Lapin-du-Guerre ; I will happily post more pictures of the Combi-plasmas. However, I think Dan's look better than mine.

Thanks. The top one on the picture looks pretty decent, any chance of a shot from the other side.
Dan - Anyway for a guide of this? Such as how far down to cut, etc.

-J
Ill see what i can do, i dont have any combi bolters left. My friend has some, but i require alot of stuff from him already, so it might have to give him some money for them.

If i can get a 'How to' up, ill post a note here.

Dan

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
I really like the spiky one in the top left corner, it looks really brutal and, er, chaos-y? ;?. Good idea for some conversions anyway, and now you've cut them down a bit it looks better than before where they just looked stuck on ;Y. Looking forward to seeing them actually on the termies!

·
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry about the inactivity - here is a small update.

I found a really cool old-school plasma pistol bit and added it to a termi arm on the Dark Angel sprue. It's the one with the black paint on it. The bit dosen't look special in the photo, but looks nice for real.

Next up - bodies, bases, and legs.
I like to mix Imperial bits into Chaos Marines. These terminators will be no exception. It's easy to make a smurf bit look Chaosy - but much harder to make the Chaos bit look loyalist. I also like the idea of a fallen Terminator -- here is a warrior considered to be the elite, the very best that the Emperor has to offer, and now he fights against the Imperium! How cool. This is part of the reason why I like to keep purity seals and terminator honors on the imperial bits -- to show how the mighty fall.

Plus they look cool as all heck...

Anyway, the simpelist way that my bits box had in it to chaos-ify some legs was a couple of really cool chaos tabards in the Chaos Lord box. But I quickly ran into a problem - they were too long! The Chaos Lord has a base that is pretty high, and the stance the legs are in gives a lot of clearance for these tabards. On a normal pair of legs they dragged on the ground. The simple answer is to just cut them a bit shorter. Simple, but it wouldn't look all that good. So howabout making some clearance? Ok! Time for some fancy basing!

I have never done any fancy basing before, so I went out and got the new basing kit (pretty neat) and had at it. These terminators will have fancy, somewhat tall bases. I'm not sure how I will paint them,(and without paint they look like hell...) but as they are not even completely assembeled at this point, I don't care.

Look for the tabards.

Lastly, I think this power axe looks cool. The DA sword is neat also.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.