Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official Lol Cannon
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a quick look over the tyranid codex I noticed that nearly all the HQ units are psykers. Would it be possible for chaos to corrupt the tyranids or a daemon to come possess one of them?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tyranid psykers are simply a conduit of the whole tyranid race as a whole, they act as one sentience, one bieng.
I highly doubt any demon could posess the whole tyranid race in one go.
:) lol but wouldnt that be an awesome army to convert!?

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's possible that a Daemon could come bursting out of a zoanthrope or hive tyrant as far as i know, but corruption I'm not so sure about. It seems like that would require active emotions, which tyranids do not have.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i dont think its possible, thye tap into the hive minds energy, and not the warps, the hive mind is quiote possible the most powerful force in the galaxy (maybe) so i dont think a chaos dude could really use him,
BTW have chaos and nids ever actually fought, there is no mention in the new nids codex of any such batlle.

·
2,076 Posts
Chaos can affect Tyranids, but it is mostly when a ship is isolated. Chaos needs to get through the Shadow of the Warp to get to the creature. Remember than Tyranid Psychic powers do not come directly from the warp, but from tapping into the hive mind.
There are tales of Nurgle infested Hive ships, but Chaos generally prefers thinking followers, as their suffering and emotions are what powers their patron gods.
A bunch of mindless animals is only so useful.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
I personally don't like it for thematic reasons.. It would be like some of a person's brain cells becomming possessed while the rest of the brain remained normal..

But the spank has never formally gone down as far as I'm aware so yeah, I guess there's room for chaos nids..

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I can't see it happening. The Tyranids had psykers, warp travel and such long before they came to our galaxy. I doubt they've found anything disturbingly new about Chaos in our corner of reality.

·
Registered
370 Posts
In the book Black Tide, Fabius Bile has a base on a planet that is infested with tyranid and they don't bother him mainly because they are without synapse. But they are like his bodyguards. Sort of.

·
Registered
348 Posts
@ maverick
I may have to read this book.
but on-topic, I dont see it happening, as stated before me, perhaps an isolated ship, but what WOULD happen to demons that enter a strong area of the shadow in the warp eh?
I would say A demon would have to posses a norn queen to take control of even a single bio-ship, and a norn queen has a huge link to the hive mind, almost direct even.

·
2,076 Posts
I personally don't like it for thematic reasons.. It would be like some of a person's brain cells becomming possessed while the rest of the brain remained normal..

But the spank has never formally gone down as far as I'm aware so yeah, I guess there's room for chaos nids..
It would be more like getting cancer. Nurgle infests one hive ship, so the rest of the Nids would isolate it, if possible destroying it.

A Daemon could potentially possess a Norn Queen, but there is a good chance that the Hive Mind would stop such a thing.

It is more likely that an isolated ship would be possessed with Nurgle plague and become infected that way. Either way it will not last long.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well basically if Nurgle would infect some one, and the Nids absorb it, they could get infected, they still wouldn´t turn to him for help, simply for their lack of understanding.
So the effect is questionable, unless they´d die.

But since they still live over all, the infected ones have died and were not absorbed or they figured out a cure or a way to live with it / or even evolved so they can use it as some sort of weapon. Similar to poison.

So the effect they have on each other is quite minimal i´d assume, and they rarely meet in real space outside the eye. Only cults of Chaos on regular planets that are getting stripped from life.

Outside the Synapse i´d assume they could be "used" by potent psykers i guess, but they´d need to stay in range of them and outside Hive mind range.
Not really interesting for chaos in the long run.

I´d say the Nids do more damage to chaos then the other way around, since they eat their followers.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think in one of the Space Wolf books they run across some nurgle-tainted genestealers on a Space Hulk. But again, this is an isolated group and the Hive Mind would likely have purged them once it regained a link to them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.