Chaos Land Raider- 235 Points
- Extra Armor

Chaos Defiler- 150 Points
- Extra Close Combat Arm

Total: 1747

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hmmmm i thought extra armour could only boost armour up to a maximum of 14, which seeing as the land raider already has an all round armour rating of 14 my be some wasted points.

Apart from that it looks like a good list perhaps switch one of the deamon princes out for a summoned greater Deamon and spent the extra points on something else?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Extra Armor just turns a Crew Stunned into a Crew Shaken and Crew Shaken is ignored it doesn't increase armor points. A Daemon Prince with Lash is the best HQ choice for a Chaos Army hands down. (As far as I know...which is why I'm asking for help)

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'd drop your Berzerker squads down to 8 men strong which is their magic number. Also, make your CSMs 10 men strong and add another melta gun and a Power Fist to the champ (he can also drop the combi melta). Extra Armoer isn't really necessary on a land raider so I'd remove that as well for the extra points you'll need for the CSM squad.

Also, imo, a Daemon Prince with MoN and Warptime outdoes the Prince with MoS and Lash. There are a large amount of armies out there using transports ( I know, wierd right?) and Lash is ALL BUT useless against completely mechanized armies. Warptime however, is incredible all the time. I had a game where I fielded 2 Wartime Nurgle Princes in which 1 of them killed 1 Carnifex, 1 Zanthrope, 1 Hive Tyrant w/wings, a squad of Warriors and 2 squads of gaunts and the other killed 2 Carnifex, a squad of Warriors and a squad of gaunts before both being taken down. My lash princes never had this much success (and yes, I run template weapons in the form of 2 Defilers and 3 Oblits while using both of the princes so the Lash Prince was being used to full potential).

Also, Greater Daemons are not a very good unit, especially if you're replacing a Daemon Prince. They end up costing 155 pts minimum (100 pt cost and eating an Aspiring Champ) which is the same price as a Prince, you can't predict when they come on the table and because of this they never seem to make their pts back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about MoN for a prince but I see a lot of lists with LoS so I went with it. I suppose you are right about the extra armor and 8 to 10 khorne bezerkers is a good number I usually go with the full squad for the rhino especially when I have almost no extra models as of now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.