Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey modelling community,
I am in the process of constructing a Chaos warshrine and was wondering if anyone had some Ideas on how to construct this monstrocity? Some model/set references or any thoughts would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Blood for the Blood-God

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I've seen a lot of warshrine conversions based upon the vampire counts plague cart. Most of them were being pulled by either chaos warhorses or spawn. If you're rich enough FW do a very nice chaos "spined beast" in the warhammer forge section.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey. The beauty of the warshrine is that it can really be anything you like. The only stipulation is that it has to be in some way mobile. I'm doing up one at the moment as a kind of palinquin carried by two huge ogres. I've seen others that are a simple cart pulled by horses, spawns, daemons, slaves, marauders or warriors. Mr Fox's idea of the 'spined beast' is cool but the mini is far too big to be pulling a shrine, although it could be used as a riding beast and act as a shrine in itself.

The idea for your shrine should reflect your army's theme. Are you a cult base army (khorne, nurgel, slaneesh, tzeentch) or simply a marauding bunch of northern heathens in search of a fight? If you're cult-based then do something the reflects that cult like a floating chunk of wyrdstone with sorcs on top for a tzeentch army or a pleasure-tend carried by bound slaves for slaneesh. If you're a heavy armoured list thenmaybe a captured steam tank consecrated to chaos; if marauder-based then go for a light armourd platform or palinquin pulled by horses.

Best advise I can give is to think about your theme and to also do a pic search on google or around the forums. You can get a lot of insiration from what others have tried. If you'd like any more help I'll be happy to give you a hand.

Cheers. PHM

·
The Alchemist
699 Posts
The best i've seen has been an Ogre (irongut works best, because of the two handed weapon arms) pulling some sort of icon, in this case it was one of the bits of rubble from the WHFB chaos ruins upside down with a sacrificial bowl on top (cauldron of blood style). The ogre models are lovely to work with, and great to paint.

·
Registered
28 Posts
for mine i have a troll carrying a large block of rock with a shrine/sacrifices on top, it looks as if he has just ripped it out of the ground.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw one a while ago that had a number of different army's models pulling it and a whip-toting hero on top. I know the slaves pulling included orcs, ungors, and humans. I think the humans were marauders with empire or Breton heads. Looked pretty cool and normally your friends in your gaming group should have a model they can spare. Also, ebay has some individual models to spare. Oh, and they were pulling a corpse cart.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
What is a warshrine? like a mobile death cart literally like an above posted mentioned? I spotted something cool in the pages of the libersomething chaotica that I've wanted to make myself but might give you an idea.
Hmmmm for some reason my computer wont upload photos... weird. Well the basic idea is the defiler legs and hull with a war shrine mounted where its head/torso area would be. loads of spikey trophy heads and all of that good stuff that makes chaos fun for all.

EDIT :

Here we go!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What is a warshrine?
A warshrine is a shrine, but obviously able to be moved around - so not a "static" terrain piece. I don't think the defiler option would be very good as you need to be able to rank warshrine up with other units for gaming/tactical reasons. Therefore I think a warshrine would be either a cart or some kind of carried platform like the slann used to have. That kind of thing. The defiler option wouldn't rank easily and might end up being too big.

I think of a warshrine being something like the empire's grand theogonist's cart.....

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA.../m350088_99110202056_WarAltarMain_873x627.jpg
(Photo copyright Games Workshop PLC)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts