Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of my friends and I are going to have a huge apoc game(every model we have), so I went out and bought the rulebooks for my brother who is the rules freak of our group and he was telling me that if I use my custom built Plague Tower to transport my dreadnought then my dread can fire from within without the crazed rule. Is this correct?

He was taking the crazed rule as a special ability and in transports models can't use special abilities or something like that.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
There's nothing that says a model can't use it's special abilities while on a transport. As a matter of fact, they can and their special abilities are measured from the hull of the vehicle itself! Some examples are psychic powers that are still useable, range of a psychic hood, mystic's ability to sense deep-strikers, or a Big Mek's Kustom Force Field. As long as it can get out of the vehicle (i.e. the access points are not blocked), the dread can still become crazed.

Here's how it should go. Dread tests for Crazed (done at the beginning of movement). If it suffers a Blood Rage, it immediately disembarks from the vehicle (if it is able to do so) and does whatever it's Crazed rules tell it. Then the Plague Tower is free to move normally. If it is not able to disembark, I would say you can play it 2 ways: 1) it stays in the vehicle and acts normally or 2) because it must disembark and move and wasn't able to do so, it is destroyed. Frankly, I would go for #1.

Also, you have to follow the normal vehicle rules, meaning that if it moved at cruising speed or faster, is shaken, or popped smoke, NO passangers from within may shoot.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'd say you should modify the rule some, the dread attacks the tower at rear armor if it goes crazed (you don't put armor on the inside...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts