Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how far you are allowed to go back to use codexes? Is it still leagel to use the elysian (sp) drop troops for example? A friend had the chapter approved 2003 and has a few guard arimes in it I would like to try. I though some where on the site there was a list of what was still legal to use. I did a search but could not find it. Thanks so much

·
Hominus Nocturnum
529 Posts
The list of what is still tournement legal can be found on GW's website .... okay now I cant seem to find it. It was the Grand Tournement and 'Ard Boyz Tournement rules packets. As we get closer to the start of the 2008 season there will be new packets availible online or you could ask around I'm sure some of the forum members still have the PDF from last year.

Moderators, can I share the PDF if I have it even if it's no longer posted on GW's webpage?

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Since they are written for the old codex and the old rulebook I'd say they have passed their expiring date, but this don't have to stop you from building one of them armies anyway. You can use it in friendly games with the rules from Chapter Approved and then if you go to a club or shop to play you can just make something similar from the contemporary books.

Unfortunately some of the more colourful units would then be unplayable, like the Urban Snipers *sigh* I want lonely snipers....

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Grand Tournaments

Well, Jervis's last editorial on the matter indicated that moving forward only rules that can be bought off the shelf in an in-print bound book will be 'official.' A fairly large selection of chapter approved and out of print armies were still legal in baltimore. Armoured Company did finally get the boot though.

What's legal where you play is entirely up to the people you play with!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so what is legal at games day then? Is there a rule ie all codexes in the last 5 years are ok? How about forge world stuff is that legal? I am sure out there some where there must be a list of what is legal at games day tourneys? I am REALLY getting into 40k and just do not want to spend money on an army that is not legal for real play :( I was going for armored company and now it is not playable. Thanks soooooo much for all the feedback and help from all of u!

·
Dark Eldar Gerbil
1,522 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sorry...

last 5 years is legal...

good bye half the armies. Oh! my poor DE!

At a games day it will be hard to say as the offical list has not been released, but it is all in print codecii's. So that is SM DE WH SW Orks DH Tyranids and so on. Plus it may allow some of the others like kroot. But i can't promise anything at this point.

But forthe rest of the year with friends you just have to ask permission for use of anything else. For instance Forgeworld.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts