Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to embark on a rather large terrain project, something to keep me busy. I decided my marines needed somewhere to call home, somewhere to be the scene of some epic battles. After looking around online for inspiration I came across a building that I rather liked, so I based my HQ's design off that.

Here are some pics of my WIP

This is where the front door will be, some of you may recognize that from my other pictures, I've been using it as a white backdrop for my photos.

A couple wall panels that go on either side, marine in there for scale.

The corner piece added on. It will be symetrical, so you can get an idea just how wide this will be.

Thats as far as I've gotten. When done, it should make an excellent combat patrol board. The majority of it will be made with foamcore. I plan to cover it with sand and pva glue, and paint it to look like concrete.

And whoever guesses what building this is based off of gets an e-cookie.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I based it on the pre-fire Reichstag. Here is the sketchup draft that I'm using, just to give you guys a view of whats to come.

I'm making a few design changes to bring it in step with the universe of 40k, such as gothic style windows, and gun emplacements instead of flags.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Well, this looks somewhat interesting. Some impressive work thus far, I wonder just how much bigger this is going to get!

·
Proud banner bearer of LO
945 Posts
An excellent start to the project. I will be watching this thread intently. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts