Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just been thinking of a few names for my new chapter :) however im a bit stuck as to what i should call them.

At the moment, i have: Angels of Guidance, Angels of Mourning, Mourning Hearts, Storm Hearts, Mourning Stars, Shattered Hearts... 0: (i have come up with some basic Icons for these names, all of which are pretty self explanatory :?)

So as you can see, alot of Hearts and Mourning in there, im open to suggestions, that ARENT taking the ****, so if anyone has any contributions, their welcome to share them :)

Heres a pic of the Colour Scheme that i intend to use (for those of you who might wish to know)

Thanks,
Shaabhekh :happy:

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Wow. That's actually a sweet color scheme. If you pull it off right, should turn out nice on the table.

As for names. Fluff behind your Chapter helps when you're coming up with a name. Not sure you want to do it the other way around- pick a name and make fluff around it, for instance. But I'll help how I can.

Angels of Guidance: I'm not sure on this one. It doesn't sound 'Marine-y.'
Angels of Mourning, Mourning Hearts: These too; Marines cause others to mourn if anything.
Storm Hearts: This sounds sweet, and perhaps like a White Scars successor.
Mourning Stars: Sounds a bit too much like a pun on a 'morning star,' which is a type of weapon.
Shattered Hearts: Doesn't scream 'holy order of gun-wielding knights enforcing brutal regime' to me, either.

Overall, just from cursory examination, I'd say Storm Hearts evokes the best imagery for a bunch of gun-toting tough guys. I'd probably do a better job if I knew more about your Chapter though. Fluff is good. 8Y

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)

I was feeling abit Emo at the time of thinking of them lol so thats why there are alot of Hearts etc :)

Was just thinking that Storm Hearts would be a pretty sweet name :) i might think of a few other names b4 i choose indefinitely but for the Icon, i was thinking Red Heart with Yellow Lightning going through (like a Reviler's Skull) for the Storm Hearts.

Chapter Fluff? well thats in the making at the moment, ive got a few vague ideas, but they are an offshoot of Ultramarines (but now that you mention White Scars... ;))

They have a wee Empire over here *points at map* (will find name later) and um... thats it >_<

So look out for that in the Fluff section, will make sure its up to scratch soon :)

However if any of you guys can throw in a few names based on the Paint Scheme, then by all means go for it :) and Icons to go with them!

Thanks,

ps: Mourning Stars was supposed to be a 'pun intended' kinda thing :p

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Actually the names are not so Marin-ish! Even the Storm Hearts doesn't sound so dreadful! :?

What about... This :ballon:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tsele :)

Wasnt able to pick a name from those present, but i am still thinking of a few new names ;Y

Storm Claws... sounds familiar to me, dont know why though :?

But thats it... lol

Anyway, which part of the Forum would be best for posting up a 'Start to Finish' kinda progression on my Chapter? (similar to the B&C guy) would a Blog be more appropriate for that kinda thing?

'Cos i was just thinking of doing something like that to keep me going when times seem to drag me down, and i just wanna show people what things look like as i go along... Think of it as a Tale of Painters and Tale of Modelers kinda thing, you get me? So which section would suit that?

Hope that makes sense :p

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
Angels of Greif?

Harbingers of Mourning?

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
All those names seem to go well. If you get your fluff down well the name will be much easier to decide.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok cool :)

Cheers for that guys, will get working on my Fluff asap then ;Y (coming soon to a thread near you!)

Also, would using the DA Codex for the time being be of any use? as in getting a 'head start' on how the New Codex will be laid out? i was thinking they would be rather similar save for a few things like Scouts and Bikers and so forth, and was just wondering wether it would be a 'good move'?

Points cost might differ but i cant see them being overly different Rules-wise, so i thought i'd use the DA Codex until the new SM Codex comes out, worth a try? :?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, then i'll get to it then :)

Things to do: Buy Chapter tmoz, test paint scheme, Name chapter, Design Icon... fair bit to do ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about Mourning Saints? That sounds pretty cool. Or Pentient Saints and make them a DA successor chapter.

·
Weirdboy
289 Posts
Storm Claws... sounds familiar to me, dont know why though :?
It's because it's the Space Wolves version of Assault Marines...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ah i see :) then i'll pass on the Storm Claws idea then :)

Came up with: Cardinals of Vengeance/Death lol, no idea why, it jst came to me :s

Also, finally got my grubby mitts on my Company! :drinking: however, i was a bit disappointed to find that there is NO Assault Squad Upgrade sprue ;? :| which i find a bit annoying seeing as i really needed at least 2 Power Axes! so i feel a bit let down by that.

Any whoo, i will now need to find a substitute for my Chaplains Crozuis Arcanum :|

Nice name btw E.Nirvana :) will keep looking til i find that 'one' lol

EDIT: Just found the Assault Squad upgrade sprue... i should use my eyes and look at the Bottom of the box before i complain 0:

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's because it's the Space Wolves version of Assault Marines...
No, not quite, but close.

Storm Claws are 1 of the 2 elite choices of the 13th company (the other being wulfen). They are grouind troops but do not have jump packs. They are a mix between vets and assault marines, however. Armed with bolt pistol, chainsword, frag and krak grenades, strom claws bring a massive 40 attacks in a 10 man squad on the charge at WS4! 2 Members may be upgraded with a power fist or power weapon, and 2 may as well be upgraded with a plasma pistol (this does not include the seargent)

There is my little 13th company rant:p.

For the name, how about Blood Wolves?

Hope this helps,

:drinking:

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Have you given a try to this? ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok guys, ive had a slight change of mind with where my Chapter came from :p

I'm thinking they may have been a DA successor, but have since, been 'Exiled' or 'Shunned' by DA and most other Unforgiven for some reason... (am working on that...)

Heres a Paint scheme im thinking of going for, Army Icon would probably be in white :) and the original Fluff based on having a wee Empire will most likely still exist :)

Will check the Name Generator when im not late for work 0:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts