Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!
I have the honor of opening the first topic in this forum!

Well then to my dilemma here...

In the beasts of chaos armybook it says that a chariot may substitute one of it's crewmembers with a character, (My meaning being a hero or lord).
The only problem here is...
In the lord entry it sais that the beastlord and the beast shaman may be mounted in a chariot, it doesn't say anything in the hero entries?
How should I enterprit this?
I talked to GW and they gave me two answers.
Got any suggestions?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well one guy said that only the models with this option specified could do this, the lord entries.
An other guy said that since the entry for the chariot sais it may exchange on model for a hero then all heroes should be able to mount one...

·
Registered
959 Posts
i'd say that all heroes can be mounted in a chariot. but i'd call the trollz or post on the GW forums just to be sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i also play beasts of chaos, if you read the information section on chariots you will see that it says 'particularly powerful beastmen chiefs may be fortunate enough to own chariots'. so i reckon that only a beastlord or great bray shaman can ride them, unless you have no lords, in which case a wargor would be the most powerful in the army! hope this helps .

·
Registered
959 Posts
well anyone who counts as a 'hero' must be particularly powerful to survive that long and rise in the ranks that far. quite a conundrum we have here, i still think asking on the GW forums and asking the trollz is the best bet.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The idea I'm having here is basing an entire army on a chariot army.
It's just too bad if I can have only one character in the army, it is possible but the army would be downgraded.

·
Registered
8 Posts
well dragonslayero if you think about it , not having a character in your chariots isnt too bad a thing ,as bestigors are quite good and you can put the character in some other unit that needs support.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I don't think you understand my problem here...

I want to base my entire army on a chariot army...
So I unfortunantly can't put characters in another unit...

·
Registered
146 Posts
yes but all chariot armies are frowned upon and considered cheesy, i know, i tried to make a beastman chariot army myself.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok ok...
So maybe some plyers will consider a chariot army to be cheesy...
But then again I have come home with the cheese prize from a tournemetn before.

Ok back to topic...
It may be cheesy yes... but then again is it not a themed army?
Don't come and tell me that it's not themed cause there never has been a complete chariot army... cause there you are wrong.
have any of you ever read the old "Champions of chaos" book that came out in 1998?
In the way back of the book there is the story of Gorthor the beastlord.
In that story it mentions that Gorthor led his own warband into the head of a giant goblin army...
Let me precise that out... his own warband was consistent of entirely chariots.

But ok no offence to anyone...

·
Registered
146 Posts
yes but its no fun for most people to play against cept maybe a gun line dwarf or empire army that will laugh all the way to the bank as they one shot your chariots.

But yes, only lord beastmen, or bray shaman lords can go in a chariot. lso if you give them a mark they cant go in a chariot.

But a characer in a chariot should be painted with a target on his head, cause thats what he is, turn one he is going down like a red headed step child with two drunk step dads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.