Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ahhhhh....
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this one pulled off on me last weekend and I was wondering if it's a legal move because it seems like exploiting the system...

Some guy moved his General within a 1 rank of 10 archers from the most-right position to the most-left position, then claim he still has his march movement of 8" afterwards to detach from the unit. I looked it up on the rulebook under Characters moving within units, it doesnt say that it counts as his normal movement to move within units. Am I missing something? Because that shifting move is more than 10" already on top of his 8" normal march move.

·
Fun guy from Yuggoth
772 Posts
If no one's answered by the time I get home, I'll see what I can dig up for you. In the meanwhile, I'd just like to say that whether that is specifically disallowed or not, it's a pretty shady way to play. The general rule is that you can't move more than double your normal movement. Exploiting an oversight in the rules to get an 18" move like this is far from fair play and should not be done, even if it's not actually properly addressed in the book.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's not excactly what you said, but pg. 74 of the rulebook says that characters can't use leaving/joining a unit as a means of moving further than normally allowed. I would say that applies to this situation as well.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
They can move within units pretty freely, but RAW they cannot move more than their march move max allowance, even within a unit (So a 20 long archer line, a character could, RAW, only move half way along)

Hence, the extra movement outside the unit afterwards, is really pushing it. Shouldnt be allowed i think.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
As Deceiver has mentioned, a charcter cannont use the fact he is joining or leaving a unit to extend his own movement, so the example you give is an Illegal move.

Had he not left to unit, however, he is able to re-arange the character in the front rank as he chooses. So, he can join one turn, move from one end to the other in another, then leave the next. Thats the only way to do what he did legaly.

It's page 74, top left.

Regards, Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.