Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I try to use as few characters as I can - which usually means no warrior characters.

I feel that a 140+ point combat hero can seldenly have the impact on the game that for an example 5 Cold one Knights can. Combat characters are also pretty expensive in victory points if they loose wounds or die. Apart from that, I find that units are simply more fun than characters.

My usual sorceress setup in 2000 point battles is:

Sup. Sorceress
Black Staff, Lifetaker

Sorceress
Darkstar Cloak, Dispell Scroll

They go with a group of shades. Their magic is absolutely ruthless. I was up against 5 DD and 2 scrolls, and got 2-3 spells through per turn anyway. I usually only have these two characters.

If I were to run a combat character, I would proberbly go for BSB death hag with cauldron of blood. It is a good deal if you plan on winning the game in close combat. Apart from that I have used a master on dark steed (ha, sh, sdc, sword of might, pendant of khaeleth). He is VERY good in small games as a lone rider.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Maybe it is a question of playing style. I rely heavely on my shooting and magic to deal with the enemy, and do not expect my close combat units to win combats against fresh ranked infantry. My only close combat units are 20 spearmen, 5 Dark Riders, 2x5 CoKs and a hydra and I find these perfect for constantly threathening my opponenents flanks while I shoot at him.

If you run a master BsB at 150 like points, you will also have to consider weather a death hag bsb with a cauldron at 225 would be better. When enhancing the CoKs with extra attacks, they get another five s6 attacks compared to a masters three s6 attacks. When she enhances the black guard they get another s6 attack (from crimson wielding champion) and 4 s4 attacks, compared to again three s6 attacks from the master. Apart from that a master takes space in the front row, preventing a model from participating at all, cutting down the benifit of having him there. If I were to run a master or dreadlord it would problerbly be on a monster or with spearmen, who cant kill anything on their own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.