Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the ages, there's a history of brilliant tactical manoeuvers - Hannibal at Cannae, Rommel across North Africa, Gaunt at Vervunhive...

But for every brilliant strike, there is a disaster. For every Caesar a Dravere. For every Ghost Division a Charge of the Light Brigade.

In my case, a World Eater army chose *not* to charge across sparse cover into the teeth of my Broadsides... instead charging across *no* cover towards my fire warriors, while Crisis and Stealth swung in from the flanks. Needless to say, they never actually hit my lines, so it wound up being all of them dead for not one model of my own... suicidal? Yes, I think so.

How about you, oh-my-fellow-LOers... any tales of massacre, whether yours or theirs? After all, we *do* normally talk about our triumphs... surely things go completely wrong *sometimes*?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I played a mission just recently against a armoured company. 13 tanks in a 2000 point army. It was a bunker assualt mission and he did destroy both bunkers by turn 2 but I was able to deep strike my reserve units and because he lodged all his tanks in amongst terrain it became like shooting fish in a barrel as my crisis suits deep striked with their fusion guns and missile pods. They couldnt get out into the open fast enough. He even in desperation shot at my guys with a battle cannon only having it drift back into one of his own tanks. I clogged the escape ways with destroyed vehicles and he was trapped. He came with 13 tanks and left with 3. It was very ugly. But fun too because he talked alot of smack before we played because he had so many tanks. It was enjoyable to watch him eat those words.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Yeah I got one...
I played my IW against a tau guy recently, a rescue mission.
He tried constantly getting to all the objectives, one was crammed in a corner of a bunker... he insisted on taking it with his fire warriors... and found nothing...
Then he got charged in the rear by 10 chaos space marines with boltpistol and choppy choppy weapons...

Needles to say he had nowhere to go...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
He was quite unlucky...
Just before their masscre he had lost 2 squads of kroot to the same people...
The kroots were going back and forth from one side of a building to the other trying to awoid my shooting.
The the rhino with the Chaos space marines came, he tried to get out of charge range but he was already on the table edge...

·
Registered
92 Posts
My most recent game would be my most recent defeat <_< . After deploying my Eldar, my opponent simply decided to ignore the flank the Dark Reapers were on and go for the charge up the other side. Needless to say turn one saw my Fire Dragons involved in HtH with a certain Dark Sons Chaos Lord. By turn two the Fire Dragons were all but lost and my Wraith Guard were overrun by Possessed Marines. The Guardians and Wraithlord were the only squads that did significant damage, the Warlock in the guardian squad simply walked up to a dreadnought and impaled it on his Singing Spear. The Wraithlord fared worse after a rash decision to charge the Chaos Lord supported by a Farseer. The smoking wreckage of the Wraithlord proved that you just shouldnt do that...
The Farseer ended smiting the Chaos Lord with Mind War, however his 1 remaining wound did little to stop the possessed trampling over him on their way to kill the Guardians.
By the end of it all I had left were 3 Dark reapers.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ouch!
Last battle I had, my bloody opponent was like 110% by the book..
Tkae this example: My assaulting CSM are like one cm or less from base contact with his assault marines, he refuses to admit that I cam into combat with them...

That wasn't the best part, I lost two squads of CSM when he deliberately consilidated within the 6" limit that people need to regroup when my CSM fled...
So... no no, no regroup test for you my friend...
I didn't feel like arguing with him so I just let him do what he wanted...
Next turn my Daemon Prince came up straight behind them... they got killed he he :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by Tofudebeast@Jul 22 2003, 04:36
my Wraith Guard were overrun by Possessed Marines.
Ah didn't I get my points worth outta those little puppies. They had a hand in the destruction of the Wraithguard, Fire Dragons, Farseer and Dire Avengers. But losing my Chaos Lord and Dreadie ( neither have been taken out in 3rd. ed. before ) in one turn really sucked BIG TIME. You were just unlucky to have have the guardians bail. If they didn't it could have turned out very different. Those little pointy eared $#@$^$^$#%%^& have taken out so many of my damn CSM in HTH. At least we've got some pro new terrian to battle over :D

·
1,019 Posts
Massacre...

Well recently i was pitting my assault marines against a Hormagaunt brood...I wiped out the WHOLE brood without losing a single marine :D

But then i lost 3 to the mind effects of the Zoanthrope. The remaining 4 charged towards the Hive Tyrant - Zoanthrope - Termagant brood trio... stopping just short to unleash a burst of Meltagun ammo at the, already wounded, Zoanthrope. Then i charged them into the Hive Tyrant, stripping him of a wound before he smashed them into the ground.
In the same battle i fought a losing battle with my termies against a suped-up Carnifex (Yes his attacks are double toughness...and he ignores that shiny 2+ armor save :lol: )
It was finally brought down by my Lord...after losing 4 termies and a sorcerer :(

·
Registered
182 Posts
played a 2000 point game with 2 other friends, on a 4x8ft table. Deployment were the table edges...it seemed a bit large, but we disregarded it. My two friends depolyed against each other, and systematically wiped each other out as i took the object and wiped out the survivers, ZERO CASUALTIES!!! woot, needless to say, it was pretty easy

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok this one is going back to 2nd ed.
I was playing in a campaign at my old gaming club, using eldar ( back in the day they kicked ass like no other race ) It was about the third or fourth game into the campaign and because I was shredding all who came before me, I was forced to play with an eight hundred point handicap ( about 300 -500 pts in 3rd ed. ) anyway the battle began and I won the role to go first.
so out of my remaining 2200 pts of eldar over half of it moved straight into his deployment zone ( because most skimmers and the likes could move 36" not bad eh. :D ) this consisted of a jetbike squad, a harliquin jetbike squad, three vypers, two falcons and two squads of swooping hawks one led by an exarch the other by Barharoth with two squads of warp spiders sitting about 6" out of his deployment zone and the rest of my army moving up the rear.
Shuriken catapults in those days were nicknamed SM killers ( by games workshop staff not me ) and I had plenty of them ( and didn't roll a single jam which was absolutly mindblowing ) Anywho after my shooting phase the tattered remnants of his army ran about in every direction and did not much in return.
With less than half of my opponents army remaining I started my second turn :rolleyes: My warp spiders closed in and my skimmers all slowed to get better target locks,
shooting phase: blammo.....

mmmmm about 7 or 8 marines left to go by the time I got round to turn three

yada yada

by the end ( well not really I didn't get to shoot with every thing ) of my shooting phase his army was TOTALLY annhilated and I went onto the next game with a 1000 pt handicap ( which I won :lol: )

Ahhh the glory days, Tofudebeast should have some stories like this because I don't think he ever lost a game there either

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.