Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I checked through the BRB but I couldn't find it so I come to the forums before calling the GW rule boyz. My question is realtively simple. Can a warmachine crew willingly leave its machine to charge an encroaching foe?

The reason I ask this is because I play Tomb Kings and charging with my warmachine crews can be advantageous to standing there and taking it. Say I charge with my catapult crew and they are wiped out in the attack as long as my opponent doesn't go after the machine in the next turn I could bring the crew back with my incantations. Or say my Casket Gaurd which carry great weapons. Much better to charge them out in most cases if I can. If I lose them, oh look I can Incantation them back into existence.

Like I said earlier, can't find it in the rules but it may seem a little cheesy to try it even if I can.

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, I think it's covered in the warmachine section of the BRB. As a guide- if you think it's a little shifty/cheesey/sketchy then it might be best to not do it for sake of gentlemanly good conduct. ;) I think that's the way you were leaning, anyway, no?

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Well, p84 says a crew moving their machine can never charge an enemy, p86 says crews are allowed to willingly abandon a machine. It seems like at best you're in for an argument, and it seems like it's a pretty marginal gain.

The enemy will likely as not overrun the machine. Even if they're coming in at an angle where their overrun path doesn't cross the machine, you're still offering them the free movement if they want it. Assuming the whole thing goes according to plan, it's going to be two more turns before the machine can fire anyway, and if an enemy was that close it's probably already turn 3.... you can see where this is going. Getting one last shot off before the assault seems like a much more reliable use of your efforts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.