2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chaos Lord of Nurgle @ 399 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; General; Shield
Chaos Runesword
Armour of Damnation
Word of Agony
Barded Chaos Steed
WS 5 or lower needs 5s to hit and then they re-roll those 5s. Nothing in the game will hit on 3s, so technically even after hatred, you should only hit me 50% of the time if your WS6+ and if you're WS6+ and don't have hatred, then you're hitting me only 1/4 the time. I guess this is the Neo approach to defense.

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 224 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Flail; Shield; Battle Standard
Armour of Morrslieb
Talisman of Protection
Disc of Tzeentch
3+ ward against mundane and 5+ against magic. Should be able to mess up rank and file easily.

Chaos Sorcerer @ 245 Pts
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]
Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh
Got to love the buggies!

Chaos Sorcerer @ 245 Pts
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]
Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 106 Pts
Flail; Throwing Axes; Light Armour; Musician
Expensive for not being cruise missiles, but they bring versatility to the game. I can dance around throwing strength 4 axes at you, or I can charge at strength 5. I foresee these guys being very annoying.

Flail; Throwing Axes; Light Armour; Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne @ 105 Pts
Flail

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch @ 250 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Standard; Musician
I've been liking tzeentch of nurgle lately, its cheaper and gives saves in combat and against magic.

Mark of Tzeentch
Standard; Musician

Chaos Chariot of Slaanesh @ 130 Pts

To finish off the cheese, my 3rd and 4th chariot!

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 43

Total Army Cost: 2250

Testing out a few things in this list, but I think it can be nasty. I'm used to running 4 chariots in my beastmen army, so this is just an upgrade. My worry is the cohesion of the army. Does it fit in with itself. I think it should.

I feel like what a High Elf must feel like, 4 chariots and 2 knights should cost me 6 specials.

Any comments?

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Poop, I think marking the sorcerers gives the chariot slaanesh's protection, not marking the chariot itself. If that's so, I just saved 10 points.

I don't know what I am to do with those points. This is a first time I have left over and don't know where to put it.

Probably turn 1 tzeentch knight unit into nurgle for the sake of diversity.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
Well if the chariot is slannesh then the sorceror's have to be, don't they? or does that only work the other way around?

I see you liked the Slannesh Harrasment Horsemen idea :p

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rule is you can't have different marks between your rider and chariot. I interpret that as one having a mark and the other having no mark as not having different marks.

I'm trying them out. Cruise missiles are good and I know it, so I want to see how these guys work.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Won a game against a Khainite themed DE list. Things, I learned;

I don't like ranged weapons on my horsemen. 5 attacks hitting on 4s is not worth the effort. all game I was wishing they were khorne so I can obliterate the units in front of them. Also learned while my lord should be able to kill assassins, it isn't a sure thing, as word of agony didn't kill the assassin and he KBed me in return.

Overall the list is solid though. My 2 chariots hit the front of 12 or 15 executioners and over 3 rounds of combat killed them to a man. Wasn't hard, 4 WS5 str5 attacks a piece before he gets to attack just mows down DE infantry. This was with a 5+ ward on them from the cauldron, or I'd have beat them a lot sooner.

2 units of knights and 4 chariots might just be a little over the top, maybe.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, they could be used to knock ranks off, but I don't think for 106 points its worth having a unit that might kill 1 model a turn.

And no, the insta popping assassin is nice, but he's very expensive to have just to be throwing stars. We don't tailor lists, so he had his all comers list, which doesn't have stars, since they're worthless most games.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dont know about that, I think they are an excellent way to deal with monsters and or other shit that the rest of the army might struggle with. Ex. What is he supposed to do against a thirster or dragon? If anything this is an excellent choice for an all comers.

Not to mention it can be used to help dictate where you want your opponents things to be deployed via terrain w/ shades/assassin.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To each their own. You can always counter a dragon with a pendent dragon, or that weapon that does D3 wounds in a always strike first unit. Or you can use a hydra, or bolt throwers. DE don't have a lack of monster killers.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chaos Lord of Nurgle @ 399 Pts
Mark of Nurgle; General; Shield
Chaos Runesword
Armour of Damnation
Word of Agony
Barded Chaos Steed

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch @ 224 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Flail; Shield; Battle Standard
Armour of Morrslieb
Talisman of Protection
Disc of Tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer of Slaanesh @ 240 Pts
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]
Chaos Chariot

Chaos Sorcerer of Slaanesh @ 240 Pts
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]
Chaos Chariot

Flail; Throwing Axes; Light Armour; Musicia

Flail

Flail

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle @ 260 Pts
Mark of Nurgle
Standard; Musician

Mark of Tzeentch
Standard; Musician

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 43

Total Army Cost: 2250
I'm starting to like this list. Chaos Chariots are NASTY! I'm 2-0 so far with 2 solid massacres.

The chariots perform above expectations every game so far. I'm just waiting for an army that can pop chariots easily to ruin my plan. They really aren't that expensive, nor are they the only good part of the list so it'll be fine if they do get popped. Flamers tried to obliterate my chariots to little effect. Was nice having something that could stand a full flamer blast and live.

Word of agony isn't that bad actually. It killed a herald of slaaanesh last game very easily.

Think I'll play this list exclusively for a while. It actually fits into the local GTs comp systems too.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
i used tk chariots and took the extra knight shields and glued them around the main part (whatever its called) and used knight horses for the steeds... looks killer (and its pretty cheap in comparison)

Just an idea.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry for my necromancy. :)

Nice list pinkus, and thank you for posting.
Just a few questions. How did the tzeentch knight perform up to know? I used those for a while, only to find out I never made the ward safe and having the enemy hit on 5s is way better.

Are 5 knights alone enough? No warbanner or BSB in the combat? Or do you always hit the enemy with multiple units?

How does the lord perform with your 'you will likely miss' and no wardsafe/regen?

I'm testing a build that looks similar to this one, but than o 2000 points ( only 1 unit khorne marauders, 2 slaanesh, almost naked for the rest, and 1 chariot less. )

Cheers, HK.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
5 chaos knights always seem to be enough for me. But in this list they get babysitted by a chariot, so they do that much better.

The lord really hasn't fought enough for me to say if he's good or not, but think of him this way, he has better stats than most dragons and is a lot harder to kill.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.