Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i can't find a cold one chariot model on GW's website does anyone know if they make one?
I have seen one being used by people but is that an old malekith character model?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I was wondering this myself so I talked to the staff at GW and it appears they have stopped making it. They have no idea why as no explanation has been given and many people still use them. All they know is they can't order it in anymore.

Rather annoying for me also as I already have one one Cold One Chariot model but need one more to complete my 1500pt cav./fast army... and that's the ONLY thing I need to complete it! >_<

·
859 Posts
Seems like they will be in the second wave, but no idea when that is supposed to be, a wave of 40K stuff will be around next spring, but no news on Fantasy stuff yet.

·
Registered
326 Posts
They most likely discontinued it because it used the battle cow version of the cold ones.

As for people who need to make more than one, use a box of cold one knights, and a box of tomb king chariots. Then convert some guys up to crew it. So if you do all that, it should take 2 boxes of knights, 1 box of chariots, and 1 box of warriors. The 4 extra knights can be made into extra models for a normal unit, so you can choose whether or not to use various command options. The 10 extra warriors left over is exactly the number of guys that should be a RxB unit. So with a bit of planning, there should be no waste.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As for people who need to make more than one, use a box of cold one knights, and a box of tomb king chariots. Then convert some guys up to crew it. So if you do all that, it should take 2 boxes of knights, 1 box of chariots, and 1 box of warriors. The 4 extra knights can be made into extra models for a normal unit, so you can choose whether or not to use various command options. The 10 extra warriors left over is exactly the number of guys that should be a RxB unit. So with a bit of planning, there should be no waste.
Yeah the guy at GW said to do that but after looking at some completed ones I really didn't like the feel of them... especially next to my proper model (not spiky or evil enough for my liking), if I was going to do it I'd probably use a chaos chariot to convert and use some of the old cold ones to pull it so they look similar. The old cold one models don't bother me as long as they are only pulling my chariots (lets just say they are a different breed of cold one bred specifically for the chariots). Think I might have some old hydra handlers I could use for crew as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I use for my Cold one Chariot is just use the Warriors of Choas chariot. It has the scythes on the sides already and looks sinister already. Then just put a couple cold one models with it instead of the horses.
here is the link to it on GW's site
Chaos Chariot | Games Workshop

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dang! That Gamezone Chariot looks effing awesome! It's kinda spendy, but damn if it doesn't look slick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts