Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Having abstained from the wonderful game of Mordheim for long enough (read 5 years) I have been inspired to start up again (well, I saw my mate had a copy of the rules and started hassling him to start playing. Same diff really.:|). So, with this new urge comes the realisation that all my old Mordheim scenery is now wherever good scenery goes after it kicks the bucket. To this end I am determined to make a new board, a better board (possibly even a bigger board). Plans of granduer ran through my mind until I realised, I don't really have all that much inspiration nor idea of how to capture the gritty nature of a medieval city that just got smashed by a great big hunk of radioactive space rock.
Therefore, after all that rambling, I come to the point of this post.
Does anyone know any good sites/pictures/designs or whatever that I could use to represent the city of the Damned?
I was thinking something with dark allies, dirty debris strewn strits, burned out hulls of once proud houses, winding streets and shattered promenades, ruined shrines and wreckage filled plazas with maybe a crumbling tower or two thrown in.
So does anyone have any ideas for referance material they may be able to help me with?
Cheers,
Thomo.
P.S - you may not have guessed yet, but I find the setting of Mordheim quite evocative.8Y

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is gonna make you cry... I know I did.

Mortheim

Quite possibly THE best Mordheim table i've ever seen. It's a wealth of inspiration.

Gambatte kudasai!

:|...;?...:party:

Wow. That is the BEST table I have ever seen. Wow. Thank you soooo much for showing me that.
I like how many levels it is split over without actually seeming to be.
Wow.
Wow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In World War II, a lot of the buildings that were hit by carpet-bombing were very old Medieval buildings. Honestly, that might be a good source of imagery. I know that a lot of old German towns were destroyed during the war, and the Germans loved taking pictures of everything. So, you may want to look into that.

EDIT: Wow. That site rocks. Even the interface is great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.