Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly C/-Rt3r
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheap, cheap and excellent looking trees are easy to make. First what ya do is gather some old warhammer, warhammer 40k or whatever seems to fit bases. (I used old D&D mini bases, just cut off the legs and file down the feet =P) So you got your bases? Go to the craft store and you can spend not more than 5 bucks and get plastic floral arrangements. You wanna look for stuff that can pose as trees, Like i found some that look exactly like pinetrees. The best part is, i spent 2.50 for it and it comes with 30 or so branches that could all possibly be trees/shrubs/dense foilage/whatever. Ill try and post pics later. I made like 20 trees in an hour. Just cut a hole in the base, super glue and suitably paint. Makes excellent forests in no time:yes:

·
Formerly C/-Rt3r
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
That's pretty good. I like the rock too- is that polystyrene? How many of those tree things did you make for your money. Looks like a good idea.

·
Registered
274 Posts
One other thing too. If you go to Michaels craft store (not sure if they have them at any other craft store), they have a large display set up for foam Mission's that kids use to make school projects. Along with that display they sell packages of various types of trees that are fairly good scale for Warhammer. The packages are $2.50 each and come with 2 trees. For like $15 you can get quite a few trees and then you dont even have to worry about painting them or anything. I got a few packages of pine trees and some other more deciduous looking trees. Just glue a few of them onto a base and you could have a nice looking forest. I'll post up my pictures of them later when I get home.

Also: If you look at the post I created a couple days ago, I have some pictures of some other trees I created out of wire, clay, and plastic leaves that I also got from Michaels.

·
Formerly C/-Rt3r
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Paint monkey said:
That's pretty good. I like the rock too- is that polystyrene? How many of those tree things did you make for your money. Looks like a good idea.
Depending on how many bases you have you can make up to about 20 or so if you find a good piece of floral arrangement. The arrangement usually runs about 2-3 dollers. If you had to buy bases it would be around $10 for about 20. Not bad at all.

Edit: Oh ya and the rocks are the green floral foam that you can also get cheaply. About 6, 8in by4 by 3in pieces for like 10 bucks. Just hack it up into pillars and place on a suitable base. I then just sprayed it all chaos black, waited for it to dry and then sprayed it a gray color. Highlight with some fortress grey an viola!. (The spray does melt the foam slightly but that is okay becuase it gives it a very gruff texture like real rock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts