·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Here's a few points values:
  • Warsmith @ 165 points
  • IW Lieutenant @ 105 points
  • IW Sorceror Lieutenant @ 91 points
  • WE Daemon Prince @ 170 points

Why are they expensive? Because they kick ass! The Warsmith is used only in 2,000+ pts battles anyway, normally I use the first Lieutenant, and smaller battles are led by the Sorceror dude. The Daemon Prince is just a monster in close combat (like the Warsmith), as befits a Khornate Lord.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
My Warsmith is used only in large battles. The reason he's so expensive is, well, because I like the image of a really powerful leader for my force (crossref. Storm of Iron), even if he usually doesn't lead it in battle himself. Normally I use the non-sorcerous Lieutenant to lead my Grand Company detachment into battle.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Usually I'd say take a modest leader, with a bit of equipment to go with his stats (power weapon/lightning claws) but not too much. If you put him in a squad with an aspiring champion they can usually make a mess out of anything they come across. The points you save that way are better used for more troops, sometimes the difference in points between an uber character and a regular one is so big that you can take a new small squad for it, complete with a heavy/special weapon.
Then again, it is cool to see the look on your opponent's face when the uber character reaches his lines :D ...

·
Registered
959 Posts
my WE daemon prince is like 180 pts not sure about my lieutenant. main reason for having him so powerful cause it suits the theme of the army.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The lord I am thinking on useing for my Night Lords is about 130 points if I rember correctly... Chaos Bike, Daemonic Mutation, Dark Blade. And why spend so many points on the lord? Because we can :D Its good to be a heretic...

·
850 Posts
I think my lord, Lord Maggus, is probably the most expensive. He is at max points of 220pts! Why he is so costly is because in my Death Guard army's history he is the second highest rank out of the whole company. He pretty much is the vice president and I have a demon prince that is the WarMaster of the company, but I don't have any stats or points on him because since he is the top notch guy he is more powerful and deadly than Maggus, but he probably would be 300 or 400 pts if he was in an army and only be included in a 2500pt or higher DG army.

·
Registered
969 Posts
My Sorcerer Lord is around 120 i think, can't quite remeber all he is equipped with but he does have Daemon Armor, Daemonic Essence, and Inferno Bolts(which automatically implies he has a bolt pistol).

·
418 Posts
man i think i'm crazy my dark apostle and retinue is 750 pts! my dark apostle is 250 pts.
but i think it all goes to good, against my ork friend my dark apostle killed 40 guys in a game and him and his retinue never took a wound. (termies, and demonic resilience!!!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I didnt think you could have a dark apostle worth 250 pts.... thats just me though, I though it was 150 max w/ items and Daemonic abilities, then you could add sorcerer on there for 10 pts.... max 220 i thought.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Remember Xaero, weapons (from weapons list, not Daemonic weapons and such) and psychic stuff don't count towards the wargear limit, so you could take a commander with a lightning claw, power fist, a bunch of psychic abilities, and you could still pick 150 pts worth of wargear.

·
Registered
123 Posts
and don't forget Dark Apostles can have an Acursed Crozius, 40pts, and the Demagouge ability another 25 pts. You can stack 'em up pretty quick on a Dark Apostle and make him the most bloated, over-epuiped commander you've ever seen.

Uncle Jesse

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.