Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, someone posted a request for a Space Marine name generator on Twitter, so I spent the last couple of hours doing one up.
Please check it out and leave some feedback!
Space Marine Name Generator | Unfriendly Fire

As with any generator, it produces some really funny results, but hey, I feel pretty proud of myself :)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
it's over a billion!

approx. how many names will it do?
Hi Scott!
there is a 20% chance to land on 62 firstnames or 74 lastnames.
80% of the other names are made up of a prefix (100 selections), vowel (6 selections) and suffix (60 selections).

Math-Hammering:
(62 + (100 x 6 x 60 )) x (74 + (100 x 6 x 60 )) = 1,300,500,988

It also removes alliterating names (like Octatitus) and short names (like Boz)...
Someone will need to verify this for me, cos a billion doesn't seem to be right :p my answer would be 'lots and lots'

*edit: there are 5 vowels, not 6, so revised number is 904,084,588

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Haha I got the Dragon Panthers, and my Chapter Masters name would be Antichudes Furioso.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha I got the Dragon Panthers, and my Chapter Masters name would be Antichudes Furioso.
Even though Dragon Panthers (along with Raven Panthers and Lion Panthers) are my favourite kind of panther, I've just patched the generator so that these awesome animals won't appear again :)
Oh, and I've added a 'share on facebook' function. Refresh that page and go nuts my fellow marines!

++Scythes of Nocturne++

·
Registered
69 Posts
redbeef,

I, Vodiun Polux, of the Sky Falcons give ultimate props for this!

....oh wait, now im Galan Sevitis, of the Gryphon Guard! hehe

Awesome work!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep it up till you get maernus calqar too!
lol I believe there is 1 in 20 chance of getting the existing chapters :p Tho Marneus Calgar won't ever come up; a max of 1 name can be taken from an existing marine character (unless the phenome generator hits M+ar+neus, which would be around 0.0000032% chance for the first name)

:D

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
Haha this is awesome, I could have fun with this for ages :L

At the moment I am Helodomus Catomedes of the Eagle Talons. Oh wait, now I'm Olbyn Antocio of the... Lamentors Eradicant? What an awesome word, 'eradicant'. :D Rep for you, just because your generator can come up with the word 'eradicant'. XD

~ Acarna

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi guys! Just letting you know there is now a mobile friendly(er) version called Infinite Lore that generates the entire backstory of any DIY Space Marine chapter: Infinite Lore - DIY Space Marine Chapter generator | Unfriendly Fire
Example:

Angels Eradicant
Chapter Tactics: Imperial Fists

The Angels Eradicant are a secretive chapter, few records of which remain in the Imperium.

The chapter's heavily-defended fortress monastary is perched atop a mountain on Fortress IX.

The Angels Eradicant prefer to react to enemy movements, in order to identify targets of opportunity before seizing the advantage.

The chapter is notable for their use of artillery in their campaigns against Tyranids

The chapter is currently active and stable since a new Chapter Master took control.

Chapter Master
Siriah Rhysacius

Master of the Watch
Brutusubel Severabel ++ killed in action ++

Master of the Arsenal
Nykouci Archotus

Master of the Fleet
Draconurus Varaxiro

Master of Marches
Nemara Miloio

Master of Rites
Ixiocus Rhysacus

Chief Victualler
Romucifer Hercotias ++ killed in action ++

Lord Executioner
Ruthatus Raphamera

Master of Relics
Titoobel Nomoromus

Master of Recruits
Raphibel Leonucus

Enjoy :)

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
A fresh thread would have been better than a two-year necropost. Eh, I'll leave this one open anyway.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Ardaric Helvalox approves.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.