Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some extra zerkers and possessed arms, so I was thinking of modelling a squad of chosen khorne. They would have bolt pistols in one hand and the possessed cc arms in the other, then give them the MoK. It would be a squad size of 8 with anywhere from 2-4 specials as I haven't decided on how many yet. I don't have much experience with them so was wondering if this would even be a good idea. How does everyone else play thier chosen, if at all?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Four special weapons, while certainly a boon of fire power, can at times be a bit much. If using meltas, then two will suffice; if plasmas, then you must worry about losing models from 'gets hot' rolls prior to engaging in c.c.. If you're strictly wanting a fire base, then 4-5 plasmas in a 8-10 man squad is quite effective; however, with the IoK, which obliges them towards c.c., you're best to equip the unit with either a pair of plamsas or meltas.

Here's the configuration that has shown the most promise so far in my play testing:

Chaos Chosen
*8x chosen with IoK
**2x plasma (or melta, depending on your need)
*1x a.c. with power fist

The squad fills a number of important roles, from c.c. to ranged support. The IoK provides them with ample attacks, even when they're charged. Plus, chosen naturally gives your army superior tactical deployment.

·
LO Zealot
1,568 Posts
8-10xChosen, 1 of them being an AC
- Icon of Khorne
- 4 PFists, one being on an AC
- 1 Melta for fun

Even if there's no infiltration / good place to infiltrate, these guys are going to get into combat if you take a lash prince / sorceror. And that's a lot of PFist attacks (17 on the charge). Pretty much kill whatever you touch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.