Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a little confused about one of the chosen rules, spesicily the one that states:

"However manny chose are included in the army they occupy a single Elites choice in the force orginization chart." (C:CSM, P.24)

Now, does this mean that I can field 8 groups of chosen in especially large games, and have it take only 1 elite slot?

Or are chosen really a 0-1 unit, as well as alowing for 2 retinues for my characters, and all of that to only take up one elite?

Or will my one unit, and 2 retinues take up all 3 of my elites?

So far to be safe, i've only ever fielded one unit of them, just to be safe, as either terminators, or as a retinue.

As you can tell i'm a bit confused, and any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.

· Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Daedelus said:
Or are chosen really a 0-1 unit, as well as alowing for 2 retinues for my characters, and all of that to only take up one elite?
That's what it boils down to, right there. The thing to know is that even though you might only have a retinue and no other Chosen, you still lose that Elite slot.

· Registered
630 Posts
are chosen really a 0-1 unit, as well as alowing for 2 retinues for my characters, and all of that to only take up one elite?

The chosen are a single elite choice so they are a 0-1 unit choice. No matter if you have 5 or 50 , however you can divide them into retinues for your hq. so even if you have 2 retinues and say a 10man squad they still only use one elite choice.

· Registered
282 Posts
So if you were playing a 2,001 point game, you could have (this is with no retinues) a 30 man chosen squad? By what I see in the list this is true.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
Heh. I'd like to see someone field a 20 strong unit.

I'd put that squad as a contender if not the winner for 40K's most expensive unit. At least if you give them Terminator armour.

· Registered
282 Posts
Caluin said:
No. There are still size restrictions to how big the squads can be. Check the Chosen entry.
*"idiot" murmuring to self* All I had to do read another sentence or two but i see that now.

· Registered
1,128 Posts
shoottokill said:
It's also a really convenient way to sneak a lot of terminators into a LatD army. :ninja:

I've tried that. I've yet to find the optimal mix of weak and strong units.

I mean theoretically you could have a LaTD list composed of just mutants and terminators, but so far(for me) it doesn't work the best.

· Registered
282 Posts
Grey said:
Heh. I'd like to see someone field a 20 strong unit.

I'd put that squad as a contender if not the winner for 40K's most expensive unit. At least if you give them Terminator armour.
How about this:
Chosen
20x AC
All with: MoK, Flight, Mutation, Strength, Resilience, Axe of Khorne, Feel No Pain, and Infiltrate.

Total cost: 1600 points:O
80pt per model:O

Think about it though, thats 100 power weapon attacks on the charge at S5 w/ an extra attack on 6s. That's one powerful unit, expensive too.

(I would really like to see someone field this unit in a 2500 game!)

· Registered
1,128 Posts
grand master said:
How about this:
Chosen
20x AC
All with: MoK, Flight, Mutation, Strength, Resilience, Axe of Khorne, Feel No Pain, and Infiltrate.

Total cost: 1600 points:O
80pt per model:O

Think about it though, thats 100 power weapon attacks on the charge at S5 w/ an extra attack on 6s. That's one powerful unit, expensive too.

(I would really like to see someone field this unit in a 2500 game!)

Well, you could add it to this silly thread here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.