Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... The new Citadel Finecast line has been announced and GW will be getting rid of metal models and replacing them with resin. Tomb Kings seem to be the first that you can pre-order.
Does anyone know anything about if Sisters will be moved to the Finecast line or will they not touch Sisters? I can only assume that if they don't move the Sisters to Finecast that it is because they are working on a complete revamp of the models.
What do you guys think?

·
(Un)Official LO Map Maker
831 Posts
Well, Sisters aren't for sale anymore in store... the codex is now a free pdf... and our box of standard troops is no longer for sale: Ergo, I can't imagine Sisters will be getting much at all.

If there are plans for us to be redone in the near-future, they wouldn't waste time and effort into making us resin. I think they'll either leave the metal Sisters up on the website, or remove them entirely, which would hint towards an earlier release. Have you seen the poster in stores at the moment? Shows some 30 or 40 models that are going to be released in resin come Saturday. No Sisters stuff, but there are a few "classified" models. As always, wait and see.

My two cents!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Although, sorry, to better answer your question, assuming they are not hanging us out to dry, I don't see any reason to reproduce the old sisters models in resin. They might as well move forward with whatever projects they are working on.

Hopefully, they will put out a plastic sisters box and a plastic sisters character kit soon to support an upcoming codex, but really, who knows...

·
Registered
508 Posts
To be fair it wouldn't take much to sort the sisters out, the codex feel and character is good (the inquisition stuff is a bit shoe horned in but i always felt it fit better with us than daemonhunters but meh that's debateable).

Some rules need better clarification to allow them to work well alongside other codex developments but not dramatically so. Statlines need adjustments but they also need to be balanced around the fact that sisters of battle are just extremely physical healthy woman in power armour and not superhuman, this could mean that they have good armour saves and a variety of weapon options but they should be a nice bridge gap between elite armies and horde armies, e.g. a sister of battle will hold your battle line fairly solidly but you shouldn't be able to build an army around just them, now that doesn't mean they should be forced to have inquisition stuff but making sister repentias,sister hospitaliers and various other sister/eccelsiarchy themed units have a worthwhile supporting role would be great.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Not worth the cost of cutting molds unless they're popping out a shiny new codex at the same time...so I expect a wait. I'll just paint 100 more skellies for my tomb kings in the meantime!

Reactions: Cannibal God
1 - 6 of 6 Posts