Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the old one went out of production when they released the foundation paints, but the "new" one is currently at "No Longer Available" status.

Does this mean they're no longer producing the set or is it just out of stock?

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I know the old one went out of production when they released the foundation paints, but the "new" one is currently at "No Longer Available" status.

Does this mean they're no longer producing the set or is it just out of stock?
I'm not sure. They have that sign behing saying "while stocks last". I think they may just be out of stock because I don't see why they would not sell it. They make all the paints in it separately, it is not like Space Hulk which has actual figures, though I think Space Hulk has appeared again.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
When they brought it out, they did say that it was a limited time thing, which i think is rather daft as it's a good set. I considered buying it, until I realised that would be stupid since I have about half the paints and all the basing materials I need already.

So I think it might well be gone. Silly GW!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
noooooooooo :(, it is such a good bargain since i have hardly any of the paints ( well msot of mine are empty or nearing it )....
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just checked there website since im getting this for xmas and it still says its up and selling it? Am i not looking in the right spot or are we talking about different things haha

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
I just checked there website since im getting this for xmas and it still says its up and selling it? Am i not looking in the right spot or are we talking about different things haha
Really? I looked it up just now and it's No Longer Available.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours.

that's what it says when i go on the GW website, and when i add it to my cart and go to order it is in there with quantity 1 and all.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Hmmm, different countries perhaps? It makes sense that GW branches in different countries will have had different stock levels.

Let this be a warning everyone! If you want the Mega Paint Set, and find that you can still get one, get it now!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hmmm, different countries perhaps? It makes sense that GW branches in different countries will have had different stock levels.

Let this be a warning everyone! If you want the Mega Paint Set, and find that you can still get one, get it now!

Your right on! I didn't even think to check where he was from but yea it looks like Denmark and England are both sold out while the US is still shipping, lucky me i guess, but sorry for you guys :(

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mega paint set?

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well! But i just wanted to ask around for some friendly advice. I was planning on getting the mega citadel paint set and when i placed my order they sent me an e-mail back saying that it is no longer in production and they just haven't changed the availability settings on the website! Lucky me right?

My question is what suggestions do you guys have for me? I have no brushes, no paints, no washes, and no foundation paints all i have is my trusty spray can of black primer! hahah

Now i am planning on starting with my orcs as bad moonz colors so i know im gonna need a lot of greens and yellows and some other crazy colors,but i'm also planning on starting up a necrons force fairly soon and then planning on eldar down the line. So my plan was to go big right from the start, and the mega paint set seemed like a great buy! But i e-mailed GW and they did not tell me when/if they will be re-upping there mega paint set so i'm stuck in a pickle here. Should i wait and see and just leave my about 1200 points of orks unpainted and hope that the GW paint set comes back out? Should i just start small and get a few brushes and colors to begin with and expand from here on out? Or do you guys have another recommendation for a paint set i did a little searching and found out about a vallejo set?

The only problem that i have with not buying GW paints is what will happen with GW stores/ instructions i have to paint. I know painting is meant for fun and creativity and i plan on doing that in the future but right now it's all about practice for me. Will getting a different type of paint throw me off? Will they have washes? Or can i mix them with the GW washes? Cause washes seems to be a fairly common thing and i would love experimenting with it right off the bat.

Sorry if this is a lot i'm kind of at a lost when it comes to this part of warhammer 40k! Thanks a lot for your time and sorry if there's another post of this somewhere i couldn't find anything in my searches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.