Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Here are two lists that I made up for an upcoming cities of death campaign.
Which do you think is better, and what are their drawbacks?

HQ:
Vulcan 190

Troops:
Tactical (Rhino, flamer, multi-melta) 205
Scouts (5 bolters) 75

Elites:
Sternguard (Rhino, 2 combi, heavy flamer) 255

Fast attack:
Land Speeder (multi-melta, heavy flamer) 70
Assault squad (power fist, flamer) 135

Here Vulcan goes with the sternguard in their rhino side by side with the tactical squad, rapidfiring anything to death. Vulcan will provide hth support and another heavy flamer template.
Speeders, assault squad and scouts will try to use cover as much as possible (behind rhinos or behind terrain) and provide fire and counter-charge support.

HQ:
Shrike 195

Troops:
Tactical (Rhino, flamer, multi-melta, power fist) 230
Scouts (5 snipers, 5 bolters) 140

Elites:
Ironclad (Assault Launchers, heavy flamer) 160

Fast attack:
Assault squad (power fist, flamer) 135

Here I will combat squad scouts and infiltrate them. The ones with bolters close to the enemy, and the sniper ones somewhere in distant ruins to provide sniper fire vs. monsters or light vehicles.
Shrike joins the assault squad and infiltrates somewhere in ruins close to the enemy to be able to charge on the first turn.
Speeders and Ironclad will be able to provide both antitank and antihorde support

Any suggestions/ideas?
Thanks in advance!

·
494 Posts
Both look like decent lists, fairly balanced, tailored for cityfight terrain. But I'm tempted to say the first list would be my preference. Drop the sternguard for another tactical squad in a rhino/razorback, and add upgrades to the scouts and sergeants with the spare points.

Tac squad (10 ), flamer, missile launcher or multi-melta, Sgt with powerfist (195)
Rhino (35)
25 points to upgrade scouts and/or other Tac Sgt

You might also try a Razorback instead of the rhino, and go with the Missile Launcher. Combat squad them, let the missile squad hold an objective and provide long-range fire, while your HQ goes with the combat squad in the Razorback.

:beer:Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.