Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
I think the newest "Cities of Death" is the best. It really captures the spirit of the game and it is easy to implement to the core game. Even if you aren't playing CoD you can use the rules anyway and have a building or two as normal terrain...

So to sum up I love CoD but on a side note I must admit I still liked the old Cityfight rules.:party2:

·
1,065 Posts
i never played cityfight, but cities of death is just like 40k, with a dash of new building rules and thats all. It's very easy to crossover to 40k, and most of the time me and my friends just end up using the COD rules when argueing area terrian and LOS, so i enjoy it. Although i think a little document on GW website would have done, instead of a big ol' 30$ book. cool pictures though.

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
I like the extra stuff... sure the rules are few, but the whole strategems section and the new mission rules if you want a pure CoD match. I think it's a fine value book with nice fluff, pictures and one of the most simple and well written rules sections I have seen in a long time from GW...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, now that I've got some opinions, I'll give mine.

I thought that Cityfight was a much better supplement than Cities of Death. There, I said it. I liked the fact that it added a new level of complexity to the game. I thought the rules were better, and all the extra rules, like Siege Armor and a universal height advantage. Additionally, as a Guard player, I loved the additional Guard rules, such as splitting squads into fire teams. I also loved the hobby section. From that, I made several awesome scratch-built buildings.

Now, onto CoD. I really don't care for the rules. To me, it really seemed to dumb down the older Cityfight rules, as it was only really 40k rules with a few addons. The whole book also just seemed like a big ad, showing off their new buildings and new models. I also disliked the fluff, as they just seemed like they were written for little kids. A Guard regiment that is supposedly superbly trained charging out of their defensive buildings and stupid hero-on-hero duels were a huge putoff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.