Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friends have been having some trouble with the Cityfight rules for skimmers and the eldar crystal targeting matrix (which allows you to move, shoot and then move again).
The problem is this:
Can you jump to the top of a building, shoot and then drop back down again without a difficult terrain test.
Is there a limit (or should there be a limit) on how high a skimmer can "jump" in this fashion.
If this is possible what is to stop a skimmer just raising 8'' without the building.

Any help would be welcomed, thanks

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I would say you would need to take two dangerous terrain tests if you wish to stay in cover (as I believe the BGB says skimmers can pass over cover without claiming a cover save thus not needing any test).

How far you can jump would be determined by your movement, if you have enough movement I don't see a problem.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
I believe that you can only move as far vertically as you do horizontally (see BGB p17, top right corner), so I would count a vertical move of 8" up and then down as a total of 16" movement, which would prevent the falcon from shooting.

This is what I would regard as a common sense solution, but I'm not entirely sure on how perfect an application of the rules it is.

-t.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts