Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., it has been while since I have posted a classic Guard list. Its been Grenadiers, Deamonhunter and Drop Troops for the last while. I found a new gaming club at the local University, and when they saw all my Tanks and IG, they want me to play bad. I thought I would indulge them.

Here is a 1500pt list.

Doctrines:
Close Order Drill
Iron Discipline
Stormtroopers
Drop Troops

HQ 101 pts
HSO Power Weapon, Iron Discipline
Mortar
Standard Bearer

Heavy Weopons Squad, 110pts
3 Lascannons

ELITES
Veteran Squad, 5 troops, 70 pts
3 Melta Guns, Drop Troops

Stormtrooper Squad
Veteran Sergent w Power Weapon, 136pts
2 Plasma Guns
10 Troops
Infiltrate

Troops
Command Platoon , 56pts
J.O w/Bolter, Iron Discipline
heavy bolter

10 Troops 85pts
Plasma Rifle
Missle Launcher

10 Troops, 85pts
Plasma Rifle
Missle Launcher

Command Platoon
J.O w/Bolter, Iron Discipline 56pts
Mortar

10 Troops 85pts
Plasma Rifle
Autocannon

10 Troops 80
Plasma Rifle
Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack
Armageddon Sentinal, Smoke 58pts

Hellhound, EA, Smoke 123pts

Heavy Support
Demolisher, EA, SMOKE, HHB, Sponson HBS 173pts

Leman Russ, Smoke, HHBs, Sponson HBS, 158pts

Basilisk, Indirect Fire 125pts

The idea is that the Russ and Bassie hang back together, while the Demolisher and Hellhound go up together and pound away.

The Stormtroopers Infiltrate with two Plasmas close to a pesky shooty squad, and the Vets Drop in on a Landraider or other pesky problem.

The infantry does what they do; sit in cover and shoot.

Its been a while for me so feel free to fire away!:rolleyes:

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
IMO, not enough Lascannons, I'm going for seven. :ninja: I've got it up to 5 and it's working brilliantly so far. Damn Tyrants and Daemon Princes don't have a clue what's hitting them. :shifty: Just two more squads and a hellhould to put together.

But then again you have a crapload of plasma and a Demolisher to back it up.

Oh yeah, don't forget you can use the Honourifica to get the HQ for 5pts less.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice list Diggums, I know that between you and Triumph, I get a lot of inspiration for my own lists. Anyway, on to the suggestions/observations..

1.Triumph hit it first go with the honorifica. However it might even be worth it even only taking a senior officer.. I have been doing this lately and honestly, with regards to leadership it hardly seems to ever make a difference. With a standard bearer... leadership is even less of an issue.

2. Your veteran squad is undercosted.. its not 5 vets, its 4 vets and a vet sarge.

3. Infiltrating stormies.. well, I use my vets to do this job. Sure they die a little faster and occasionally turn into human toasters, but for 6 less points than your stormies, I get an additional plasma gun, heavy bolter and storm bolter. These guys get their points back nearly every game. In cover, their save is equal to that of stormies as well.

4. Your line squads seem to want to try and do everything.. shoot tanks, mow down infantry.. although I find that what heavy weapon you take is often dependant on the opponents you most often meet, I prefer a more symmetrical approach myself. I usually field plas/LC squads due to the high number of meq opponents in my area. I would probably go for 2 squads of h bolters and 2 squads of missile launchers in your case. I'd also go with both your inf cmd squads as heavy bolter platforms.. for that extra dakka.

5. Smoke on the sentinal.. is this ever used? Seems like a waste but I just cant see how you would ever pop smoke on one of these.

6. EA on your hellhound and demolisher... again, unsure of the need for this upgrade. If either suffer a crew stunned result, the ability to move the next turn is of marginal use to the hellhound, and of even less use to the demolisher. I usually pop smoke myself if any of my tanks are stunned and hope for the best. My reasoning being that any AT weapon that hit you in the first place, probably has the range to hit you again even if you drive 12 inches away the next turn. Sure if you play on board with lots of size 3 terrain I might see reason for EA (so that you could drive out of LOS), but generally on non transport vehicles, I would not go with the EA upgrade.

Hmm, ok critique done! Hope it helped some.

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I forgot totally about the Honorifica thing:wacko: , becuase I usually use it elswhere in my army.

I agree Triumph about the Lascannons, but I don't want to totally blow away these new friends.:shifty:

I put smoke on the Sentinal, in case it gets stunned. I put smoke on every vehicle.

MTG - I put EA on the Hellhound and Demolisher, because I use them as attacking tanks, but I am up in the air on EA as well. I barely use it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Good list Diggums. It seems like Triumph and MTG cover most of the differences. I would look at your lasercannon team. If I went against you, I would take out your lasercannon unit first. So I would change the ML out of my line squads to lasercannons but that is me. Anyway good luck and may Imperial Guard crush your heterics.
bonekrusher

1 - 5 of 5 Posts